Women with PCOS

Options
Are there any women out there who had been dignosed with PCOS. If so I would like to friend you so we can encourage each other to get healhty, so that we can beat PCOS togehter!

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, & it's no fun :ohwell:
  • makemetinyplz
    Options
    I might have it but the doctors aren't sure. I have all of the symptoms and It's a really ****ty disease :(
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a Soul Cyster. (ha ha ha).
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    PCOS almost all my life - sucky!
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed at 12....Yuck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    ME! Hate it, but fighting it!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have both PCOS and hypothyroidism. I have been able to lose 25 pounds with diet/exercise..and the right meds..So it is possible..
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the worst case of PCOS a few doctors have seen! The only 2 symptoms I have yet to achieve are balding and Acne! GO TEAM!! Add me!!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hey....I was told at 21 I had cysts on my ovaries but that they would leave them there (found during appendix being taken out) and since then have had scans, tests, blood check ups and all told me I DIDN'T have PCOS.

I have EVERY single symptom of PCOS, I have 1 ovary 3 times the size it should be and 1 1/2 the size...go figure.

I'm carb addicted too...another sign of PCOS and one of the reasons I am here...running my rather large *kitten* off and trying to reduce my calorie intake!

Hopefully it will work....
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. Since I have lost my weight I have not had the terrible pains of feeling my cysts rupture but once. Friends for sure!
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are there any women out there who had been dignosed with PCOS. If so I would like to friend you so we can encourage each other to get healhty, so that we can beat PCOS togehter!

If you're looking for some more people to add, here are some recent threads about PCOS you could check out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265449-pcos-soul-cysters-unite?hl=SOUL+CYSTER

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206670-can-i-start-a-pcos-vent-your-frustrations-thread-lol?hl=pcos
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    I am in that club...had it all my life. Never was able to have any children. I am 53 and I think I am in menopause, but I have no symptoms of menopause. Last time I had blood work done early this year my fsh and lh were in the normal range. I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my late 20's or early 30's.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have it too...
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Right here with you..I was diagnosed at 40, along with hypothyroidism..no fun, but working on it with diet and exercise...add me if you'd like!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    PCOS sucks, BUT it's mostly a mindblock to weightloss. Once I stopped using PCOS as an excuse to stay fat, I lost a ton of weight once I put my mind to it. You all can too!
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago.. I am also Insulin Resistant which I have know since I was about 11yrs old. The Doctor said they can go hand in hand sometimes, I'm trying to fight it though. They put me on Metformin and I've been dropping weight with healthy eating and exercise.. I ate healthy and worked out before, but I was getting so frustrated because I wasn't losing anything.. I was went to my doctor at the time and was basically in tears because I was working so hard and getting NO results... and do you know what she told me??! I need to eat less and work out more.. I was furious!! NOW.. I have a doctor that actually understand what is going on with me.. It was kind of funny because at our first appt. I went into her office and printed of my MFP exercise and food diary for the last 6 months and told her this is what I've been doing.. she was very shocked.. I love my current doctor she is the best and is constantly working with me and monitors my progress.. its a good feeling to have someone understand and want to help you.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of us on here with PCOS. There are also several different types of PCOS that can effect your weight loss.

traditional PCOS -- anovulatory, increased androgens, no insulin resistance
    endocrine syndrome X -- anovulatory, increased androgens, insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes
    non-traditional PCOS --anovulatory, normal androgens, obese, insulin resistant or type 2 diabetes
    non-traditional PCOS -- ovulatory, increased androgens, mild insulin resistance
    idiopathic hirsutism -- ovulatory, increased androgens, no insulin resistance

I have endocrine syndrome X and would fluctuate horribly with weight. I would lose 10, gain 20, lose 10 gain 20 more, and so on. No matter how much I lost, I always ended up 10 pounds heavier than when I started. Glucophage (metformin) made me extremely sick so I had issues with my blood sugar that effected my weight. I started taking cinnamon supplements (2,000mg a day with chromium) and since then, the weight has been coming off easily and naturally (with a good diet and plenty of exercise, of course). No one person's PCOS is exactly like someone else's, but I think we can all understand each other's pain and suffering sometimes.

Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed back in 2000 and had been dealing with this for several years before the official diagnosis.
  • abow29
    abow29 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old (had really bad acne and cysts on my ovaries) and have been on birth control (YAZ) ever since. The gynecologist who saw me back then told me that unless I lose a lot of weight I will never be able to have kids. I am 5'4'' (and a half) and 152 lbs now, but according to him I cannot be over 130 lbs.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Can PCOS be cured by losing weight?
  • dltaylor8
    Options
    I so agree with you. I went too doctors before one actually diagnosed me. WEVeryone kept relating my lack on periods to stress. I have trouble loosing weight but no trouble gainning it. The medication thatyour on what is it for?