ohhhh I am so frustrated

Options
man I am up a pound and been there for three days.....what gives. I am staying below my calorie count and still no change...this is where I start giving up.

Anyone out there who can say they have been there too???

oh and is there a lower calorie yogurt other than low-fat kinds? I love yogurt and I love milk, but the calories are so high. Cheese too, but it has to taste good. I hate icky cheese.

ok, enough gripping.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

Replies

• timetoembrace
    Options
    man I am up a pound and been there for three days.....what gives. I am staying below my calorie count and still no change...this is where I start giving up.

oh and is there a lower calorie yogurt other than low-fat kinds? I love yogurt and I love milk, but the calories are so high. Cheese too, but it has to taste good. I hate icky cheese.

ok, enough gripping.

• wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising? I have been really exercising hard core - and not eating all of my exercise calories - most but not all of them - and I am up 1.5 lbs!!!! I have been frustrated also - but I have also noticed that my clothes are not fitting the same - so I am hoping that I am trading my fat for muscle - and muscle weighs more - so maybe that is where it is coming from? that is what I am telling myself!!!

Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing - maybe change up your routine a little - maybe your body has become accustomed to the normal and needs to be kicked up a notch?

I think that is what I was doing so I got a new exercise workout to do and have changed up my diet a little.

Hope this helps!! Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    if this is where you start giving up then its all over! It's the tough times that define us and how hard we want to do this.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Dannon Light & Fit yogurt...it has 80 calories in an 6 ounce serving. They also sell 4 ounce cups with 60 calories each.

I agree with the previous posters...you can't give up. SOMEthing is changing if you're eating fewer calories and exercising every day. Make sure you're eating ENOUGH calories though! Don't ever go below 1200/day.

With women, it seems that things are cyclical...maybe it's your period adding the pound?
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Your body could be in starvation mode if your not getting enough fat and calories every now and again i eat a quarter pounder or some pizza or whatever else sounds good. You need to eat at least all your calories before you enter your log of exercise for the day. I eat all those calories but my workout calories not so much sometimes if I'm starving. You have to have something bad for your self every now and again this is a life style not a diet so your body needs to get use to that. I eat all sorts of things even the ones they say not to and I'm still dropping I'm down 23 lbs. I lost some before starting here. Good luck!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

ok, enough gripping.

you just joined in February, you've lost a pound, gained it back and you're ready to give up? Oh my-- no, no, no. If you want this, you have to work for it. Nothing is going to be given to us-- hang tough, and do this.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The important thing is not to give up. I have gone up and down 3 to 5 pounds since Dec. but I know if I dont keep with it I will gain all that I have lost. It is an accomplishment to stay at this weight. Do I want to lose more..of course I have 20 pounds more to go..but if it takes me another year or so it doesnt matter. I know I am eating healthier and doing my body good. I just look at it this way I was a size 22 and now I can wear 14 and sometimes I can squeeze myself into a 12...
    Good luck if you need someone to talk to we are all here and have all been in the same boat as you...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Follow the link above. Bookmark it. Learn it. It's your friend!

Oh, and two eight oz glasses of water = one pound. . .no big.:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm up 1.2 from yesterday. No biggy. Don't give up. eat all your calories and your exercise ones. Believe it or not it works!! Drink tons of water. You just started? Oh my, the rollercoaster has just begun. So don't be discouraged, we're here for you!:flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Follow the link above. Bookmark it. Learn it. It's your friend!

Oh, and two eight oz glasses of water = one pound. . .no big.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the read. Great little article.
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hang in there...all will be well...i noticed last night the moon is about full...it can affect the tides and i truly believe it can affect weight loss...i seem to hold on to my weight when the moon is full...so that may be the same for other people...please dont stay under your calories...eat them so that your body doesn't think it needs to hold on to them...wish i had the problem of trying to eat all my calories!!! :sad:
    i always seem to be over them for the day!!! :embarassed: you're new to this site, so am i...we are learning...:happy: ...every day is a new adventure on our weight loss journey....life is good...hang in there!!! :heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

ok, enough gripping.

What kind of excercise are you doing and how frequent? I do find if your going to eat excercise calories be sure to mark them correctly. How is your water intake and sodium?