Broccoli Stems

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of peeling and munching raw. So tender with a more delicate flavour.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i see no need to eat them. but i dont like broccoli much anyways. LOL
  • barbp7
    barbp7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Boil & cube. Salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, Italian dressing, feta.
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I pay for all of it...i eat all of it. I just skin it. Use it just like any vegetable. Great in stirfrys.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me... just taking notes on some of the amazing ideas.

I :heart: broccoli stems!

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Growing up we called it trees (flower part)vs coins(sliced stem). Slice them into disks and prep exactly like you would the tree portion. I particularly like coins sauteed or steamed .I prefer trees roasted as the leafy bits brown nicer. Also coins are great for dips.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet, but I seen on YouTube where they spiralized the stem into noodles the same as like a zucchini
  • cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love them. I slice them up to stir fry with chilli and garlic. I try not to use oil whilst cooking so I tend to mix up a small piece of stock (I use low salt stock cubes) with a small amount of boiling water and chuck it all into a pan. I have this as a side vegetable or I'll add cooked brown rice and have it as a main meal.

I'm hungry for broccoli now :D
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Shredded raw, add some shredded carrots and if you like some shredded cabbage, make broccoli slaw . I often add some dried cranberries or dried cherries , red chopped onion and make my own nondairy dressing. Love it!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Anything you cook with broccoli, slice the stems (I like them sliced vertically) and then toss them in.