New and looking for ideas!

Options
I have posted my first attempt at a healthier meal. It is called Potsticker Soup.

Please help me reduce the fat and sodium. Any good suggestions on a replacement for bullion?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First make sure you need to reduce fat and sodium. Homemade meals tend to be lower sodium, and you need dietary fat.
  • ShaunDesJardins1
    Options
    I was diagnosed with early diabetes 2. I need to lose 50 pounds also, this the fat part. As far as sodium I am going by the recommend of this app.
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Try some of the organic broths (Costco has one) low sodium. Live potsticker soup with lots of spinach and vegetables.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Reducing fat intake doesn't make you lose weight (fat) - reducing calorie intake does that. For diabetes, low or lower carb is recommended. If you go low carb, you need to up your fat intake. If you want to reduce sodium, add less salt when you cook, and avoid stock cubes. But if you reduce carbs, you need to up your sodium too. It's all about balance!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good goal.I am diabetic.reduce carbs to 40ish a meal.carbs affect A1c numbers most.A1c is a blood test that determines a 3 month average of sugar levels in blood.Do u have a glucose monitor?
    Try to eat good fats instead of trying to limit them so much.Keep to the amount of fat u r fitness pal recommends.Good fats r heart healthy labeled-oliveoil
    Peanutoil,flaxseed oli.Try kerrygold buttervery low sodium.pricey but worth it and u r gonna be using less.
    Eat tons of veg- use butter or seasoningsFresh herbs make them delicious.Also riast veg in oven.Coat lightly with oli, throw on sheet pa 400degree oven for 30 minutes.yum!good luck
  • ShaunDesJardins1
    Options
    I was told, by my dietician, to keep carbs to 15/meal and less than 45/day.

I really appreciate the info in fat and I will not be as concerned with it now. Thank you!

I tend high on BP so I was looking to reduce sodium, but I will just not add it.

Thank you all again!