Need suggestionf or a good 200 calorie meal for dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• angeladryer
    Options
    Take this with a grain of salt because I don't know anything about the UpDay DownDay diet, but 500 calories for a whole day seems awfully low. :frown:

It is low for calories but it's just every other day. So my down days are 500 calories but the updays are unlimited. My down days have kind of trained me to eat healther on my updays. I did this a few months ago for a month and a half and lost 19 lbs. I quit doing it because I have been going thru a seperation with my husband and I just wasn't focused on a "diet" I did however keep the weight off in the meantime. I just started back on it this past Monday and I am hoping it works as good this time! :-)
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was just reading about it and you are supposed to eat 500 calories OR 20% of your maintenance calories - which for me would be 360 calories for one day! Yikes! I won't knock you for it but it's certainly not something I would want to do.

As for under 200 calories for a meal I like prawn stir fry (or chicken) with lots of veggies but no sauce or noodles.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. It puts my down days at around 600... it might be worth a try....

Very interesting.
  • lissarv68
    Options
    Walmart has three different pre-made salads that are under 200 calories.

Good luck with this, I couldn't do it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Take this with a grain of salt because I don't know anything about the UpDay DownDay diet, but 500 calories for a whole day seems awfully low. :frown:

I agree

i agree. i don't like the sounds of this diet.... GL!
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with some of the other ladies. Anything under 1200 calories is rather low, and the risk of the body enterning starvation mode is present. If this works for you, I won't knock it. Good luck....
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    I don't know anything about this diet but if you have stuff to make chili ( with or wIthout lean ground turkey), a bowl of that is usually in the 200-300 calorie range! Also filling
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    stir fry with a lot of vegis!!!!!!!! =)
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner for tonight... speeded it up by putting it in a pot on the stove and simmering low for 4 hours.
    Got it off of the website www.SKINNYTASTE.com

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

1 onion, chopped
    1 16-oz can black beans
    1 16-oz can kidney beans
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder

24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    chili peppers, chopped (optional)

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro.