I suck!

Options
I just ate my entire day's calorie allowance for lunch! I knew it was going to be a lot but it was about 25% more that I thought after I did the math. I am such a slave to fast food; it is just too easy and tasty. ;( I guess I'll skip dinner if I don't get too hungry tonight. I don't have time to work it off today.

Replies

• CWood323
    CWood323 Posts: 20
    Options
    oh snap.... I feel ya, I find it's best to avoid the fast food all together, and if you do go plan out exactly what you are going to eat. Stay away STAY AWAY FROM THE FRIES!!!!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If you get in the habit of eating good fresh food, the indulgence of fast food will lose it's appeal. Fresh cooked meals taste so much better and aren't so bad for you! I find a lot of the key is being very thoughtful to what you're going to do for meals for the day rather than treating it as an afterthought.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, stay focused, I ate too much today too. It just makes me look forward to exercising this evening. Tomorrow is a new day!! We didn't develop bad habits over night so they won't go away overnight either. :smile:
  • Rubyjjones
    Options
    I did the same thing today...had Olive Garden :( Trying to drink plenty of water to try to off-set it some, but it is hard cause I am so full!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    You suck. Great title. So do I given half the chance

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It'll be okay! One day isn't going to undo everything else you do this week/month. Take it as a learning experience. As for dinner tonight, if you are hungry then eat a healthy meal - with veggies and protein. Don't punish yourself by going to bed hungry, it'll only make tomorrow worse!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I hateee that! If you're hungry, eat, but make it healthy. We all have bad days, don't let it stop you!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Why would you skip dinner? Skipping meals is not healthy at all. Eat something nutritious. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • uberlaut
    uberlaut Posts: 44
    Options
    Skipping dinner isn't really a good idea. Try to eat something small and healthy, like a salad or at least a piece of fruit. Your body will be less likely to make lunch into fat that way.

Today is just one day. Don't beat yourself up about it too badly. Tomorrow is a new opportunity.
  • trouserchili
    Options
    No matter how bad you mess up, always remember this: You're always only the next meal away from getting back on track!

Don't beat yourself up.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Lots of water & tons of salad for tonight! Tomorrow is a new day!!!:drinker:
  • kkemom
    kkemom Posts: 6
    Options
    Just put it behind you and move forward. Learn from it and plan better choices - don't sabatoge what you are fighting for.
  • ReneeTurnage
    Options
    try not to skip meals, even though you may have over did you lunch, you shouldn't skip meals. Try getting you some salad fixings that are low in calories and have that instead of having more of the fast food. Now that you are more aware of how many calories are in fast food, you might have a different outlook on being "in Love" with it.
  • StWortham
    Options
    Been there done that! Don't punish yourself. Bounce back strong 2moro. Hang n there:smile:
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Would an extra 30-45 minutes of cardio tonight help offset it? That's what I try to do when I over-indulge.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think skipping dinner would be setting yourself up. Just eat light, do a salad with some type of protein. You gotta eat...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't skip dinner. Eat a big salad with a light dressing (or no dressing!). Keep that tummy full or you'll end up in the same situation tomorrow because you're too hungry to make good choices. And be sure to drink lots of water today to offset that sodium.

For the future though, there are better choices to be made at every fast food restaurant. Take a few minutes to look up the nutritional info on the websites of your favorite places, and choose a meal that fits within your goals. Then you always know of a delicious meal that you can grab on the go that won't wreck your day. Some tips: don't order soda (they'll give you ice water for free, or sometimes they charge 10 cents for the cup), skip the fries, try to stay away from breaded chicken, and look for something that's high in protein. Also, don't ever rely on your own guesses to choose the healthy options without looking it up first. Some of the things that look really healthy are actually much worse for you than a burger.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    On days like that I have a pile of Shirataki noodles and steamed broccoli for dinner. Add a low cal sauce (low fat marinara or my ultra low-cal PB2 satay sauce) and you have dinner for almost nothing. Start again fresh tomorrow.
  • laurenpence
    Options
    FAst food is evil, but can be yummy. I broke that addiction a few years ago. I have eaten a whole days worth of calories before in one meal. My advice eat a healthy dinner and go work out for 2 hours after dinner. Something to burn those calories you ate up!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I will opt to have some grilled chicken and broccoli for dinner tonight. I really appreciate the support as I battle my addiction to fast food. I think you are right when you say I should avoid fast food altogether, but it's so hard. Sometimes I leave my credit cards/ money at home on purpose when I go to work just so I don't have the option. But, most of the time, I need to stop and get gas, dog food, etc, so I need my money.