Looking for more "red pill" type of friends

Options
1_up
1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
C7sbR.png

‎"You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." -Morpheus

If you ever wanted to hear the truth, just ask a child. A child will tell you how it is without sugar coating anything. That's not to say the child is being mean, he/she is just answering your question truthfully. An adult is more likely to sugar coat his/her "yes man" response, "just to be nice." I'm looking for more friends on this site that would prefer to skip the whole sugar coating process and express his/her opinions, in a respectful matter.

If I fall off the wagon, give me hell for it. Tell me to hurry up instead of slowing down for me to get back on and I'll return the favor. If I don't see the results I'd like, explain why you feel I'm failing with my performance.

A little about myself:

I'm 5'10", 203 lbs, 31 yr old male that grew up in the Philadelphia area and currently resides near the Amish lands of Lancaster, pa. I've started dieting on 1/1/11 @ 242 lbs and I'd like to get my weight down to 190 lbs at a slow and steady rate of 1lb a week. I'm not a big fan of cardio or long distance running. I'd rather do intervals, sprinting and increase my overall speed as opposed to increasing my endurance for long distance running. I'm currently doing body weight exercises and I plan to join a gym to being a bulking cycle, once I hit 190 lbs. I believe in eating back at least 70% of your exercise calories, unless it's so small of a burn (under 200 calories) its not worth listing (to make up for possible overestimating how many calories I actually burned and just in case I underestimated how many calories my food actually is.)

I've started my diet following the south beach diet, but I've also somewhat modified it towards a low carb/ high protein type diet. I believe in eating low carbs (I try to keep mine below 100 and prefer under 50),healthy fats, lean meat and vegetables. I also try to keep my protein at 150+. I will reintroduce more fruit/grains into my diet, once I reach my goal of 190 lbs. I know splenda/equal are frowned upon here, but I'm currently using it during my weight loss because for me, water is boring. I hope to cut down on the artificial sweeteners over time and to stay away from excessively sugary drinks forever.

Feel free to send me a add if we have similar goals or view points! If you're already on my friend's list and are reading this... Hey! Regardless if you add me or not, best of luck to you with your health/fitness goals.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    What up, buddy? Just replying to the "Hey!"

I like the color of the blue pill, but with red pill effects.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options

imma stalk u all day just to see what u have to say nube! why?? bc that last one on shrinking boobies made me spit water at my pc. im so glad u are with us today! ur trolling expertise has been missed!

btw.. totally red pill here. color and all. bring on the wonderland!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    C7sbR.png

‎"You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." -Morpheus

If you ever wanted to hear the truth, just ask a child. A child will tell you how it is without sugar coating anything. That's not to say the child is being mean, he/she is just answering your question truthfully. An adult is more likely to sugar coat his/her "yes man" response, "just to be nice." I'm looking for more friends on this site that would prefer to skip the whole sugar coating process and express his/her opinions, in a respectful matter.

If I fall off the wagon, give me hell for it. Tell me to hurry up instead of slowing down for me to get back on and I'll return the favor. If I don't see the results I'd like, explain why you feel I'm failing with my performance.

A little about myself:

I'm 5'10", 203 lbs, 31 yr old male that grew up in the Philadelphia area and currently resides near the Amish lands of Lancaster, pa. I've started dieting on 1/1/11 @ 242 lbs and I'd like to get my weight down to 190 lbs at a slow and steady rate of 1lb a week. I'm not a big fan of cardio or long distance running. I'd rather do intervals, sprinting and increase my overall speed as opposed to increasing my endurance for long distance running. I'm currently doing body weight exercises and I plan to join a gym to being a bulking cycle, once I hit 190 lbs. I believe in eating back at least 70% of your exercise calories, unless it's so small of a burn (under 200 calories) its not worth listing (to make up for possible overestimating how many calories I actually burned and just in case I underestimated how many calories my food actually is.)

I've started my diet following the south beach diet, but I've also somewhat modified it towards a low carb/ high protein type diet. I believe in eating low carbs (I try to keep mine below 100 and prefer under 50),healthy fats, lean meat and vegetables. I also try to keep my protein at 150+. I will reintroduce more fruit/grains into my diet, once I reach my goal of 190 lbs. I know splenda/equal are frowned upon here, but I'm currently using it during my weight loss because for me, water is boring. I hope to cut down on the artificial sweeteners over time and to stay away from excessively sugary drinks forever.

Feel free to send me a add if we have similar goals or view points! If you're already on my friend's list and are reading this... Hey! Regardless if you add me or not, best of luck to you with your health/fitness goals.

MR. ANDERSON... Have you ever stopped and stared at, marveled at its beauty, its genius.. The original matrix was designed to be a perfect human world.. it was a disaster!
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options

imma stalk u all day just to see what u have to say nube! why?? bc that last one on shrinking boobies made me spit water at my pc. im so glad u are with us today! ur trolling expertise has been missed!

btw.. totally red pill here. color and all. bring on the wonderland!

I must learn the ways of this fine art
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i would friend you but its too late
  • 1_up
    Options
    i would friend you but its too late

haha hi friend!
  • KnottyRae
    Options
    I understand needing to use artificial sweetners, have you tried Stevia though? It's an all natural plant derived sweetner. Cost wise it's about the same and you can use it in all the same ways. :)
  • 1_up
    Options
    I understand needing to use artificial sweetners, have you tried Stevia though? It's an all natural plant derived sweetner. Cost wise it's about the same and you can use it in all the same ways. :)

I bought a box of Stevia in the raw a couple months ago and it wasn't bad. I usually end up using the splenda at work / coffee shops because they don't have Stevia. I might have to try to convert my splenda/equal using ways to the ways of Stevia... If I remember to bring it with me of course!
  • 1_up
    Options
    Red Pill afternoon bump
  • 1_up
    Options
    Last feeble attempt to bump before I let this thread die in a fire.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options

LMAO....ur too funny!!! I like you post....I don't like sugar coating either....it sucks and doesn't get down to the nitty gritty truth....Best of luck to you....feel free to add me if you like !!!! We could be brutally honest with each other!!!!
  • 1_up
    Options

LMAO....ur too funny!!! I like you post....I don't like sugar coating either....it sucks and doesn't get down to the nitty gritty truth....Best of luck to you....feel free to add me if you like !!!! We could be brutally honest with each other!!!!

Request sent! *Sharpens Axe* Honesty here I come!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Fire? *perks up*
  • 1_up
    Options
    Fire? *perks up*

You get excited by Fire and you have a open stove as the profile picture... LoL.

So which would it be? The red pill (truth) or the blue pill ("you did great!" *not*) for you? :D
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Heh. I think that there are times when 'you did great' is appropriate... but only when someone actually really has done great. Otherwise it's noise and not worth my time.

I like red.

... and bunnies.
  • 1_up
    Options
    Heh. I think that there are times when 'you did great' is appropriate... but only when someone actually really has done great. Otherwise it's noise and not worth my time.

I like red.

... and bunnies.

Oh I totally give credit when its due. I just don't give false pats on the back. If someone eats a tub of lard and is under their calorie goal, that person won't get a "Good Job" from me :D

Red is nice. Great choice!

Bunnies... is that what is in that oven?
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    No... I wasn't making hasenpfeffer that night. I was actually broiling asparagus. Not nearly as fun, I know...
  • 1_up
    Options
    Looks at gwynnehamer's sig... At least now I know what hell's personal trainer looks like ;x FRIGHTENING!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I called myself this because of my tact
  • 1_up
    Options
    3 weeks later, thought I'd refresh this post after much sucess. If you fit the bill... add me :D