Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Like $4 or $5.
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always tip 20% but I've worked in restaurants before and people are jerks. So I'm trying to make up for it.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It depends partly on the employer. The drivers at the place we order from get paid tip wage, which means they are not making minimum wage and depend on their tips for income. They used to get gas money but don't anymore. So we tip them substantially - at least 20%. As a result we get very, very good service.

If the drivers get minimum wage or more, you can get away with tipping less. I would consider a minimum 1 dollar per item.

How are you supposed to know what the drivers get paid? What a strange system.

It seems like companies are just advertising their products at 20% or whatever below the actual price by this practice.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tip delivery drivers 10% if I'm happy with the delivery service. I make exceptions when I know the drive was difficult and I paid a little more when gas was $4 a gallon. If the driver looks super enthusiastic about doing a good job, they get a little extra.

That usually keeps the good service coming to my house. I think it really depends on what everyone else in your delivery area is tipping. If you're the worst tipper you may be the last delivery on their out.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I usually do $3-$5. Depends on what kind of change I have on me. :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    $5 minimum (more if it was a large order. )
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Don’t ask a Canadian.

my fiance is canadian and tips more than i do (and im pretty damn generous)
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Usually about 20%, or if it's cash and say the order comes to $16, I'll just hand over the 20.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    What does this have to do with weight loss?

Since I've been eating less, I spend less money on food. Should I still tip the same percentage of my total bill, or tip the same dollar amount (and therefore more percentagewise)?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I do 20% for sit down places and 10% for anything else- delivery, pick up, etc.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Are you being charged a delivery fee when place your order? Ask the person taking your order, or call them if you are ordering on line.

I still tip anyways and one reason is they still deliver to me although I live just outside the pizza delivery's zone.

Maybe go with 25% excellent service, 20% normal service, 15% poor service..

Why would you tip (and compensate) poor service?
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Normally $5+. My husband used to deliver, so I understand the struggle. Once he had to drive while it was snowing out...he made $5 and spent $900 fixing his car since he slid off the road. Ridiculous they were even open.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Are you being charged a delivery fee when place your order? Ask the person taking your order, or call them if you are ordering on line.

I still tip anyways and one reason is they still deliver to me although I live just outside the pizza delivery's zone.

Maybe go with 25% excellent service, 20% normal service, 15% poor service..

Why would you tip (and compensate) poor service?

was going to ask this exact thing - why on earth would you reward poor service with a 15% tip????
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what constitutes poor service when it comes to delivering my pizza. If the guy is rude, he's not getting a tip, but I can't think of a time that's ever happened. If it takes a long time for my pizza to come, that's almost never the driver's fault, and I'm not going to penalize him because the store is busy.

I suppose forgetting an item would be poor service, but that's only happened once that I remember. I stand by my tip the guy at least 3-5 dollars" policy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    15% or a minimum of $3 (which is 15% of a $20 order)...but $3 is as low as I go regardless...I add to that if it's inclement weather, especially snow or heavy rain
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Don't know. Where I live there is no food delivery. You have to go pick it up.