Starting over

Options
Hi Everybody. I'm Bri.

I'm posting here because this is about my 5th time to say "I'm starting over" or "This is my fresh start", but at this point, I'm out of options and I have to start making my health my number one priority. You ever have one of those moments where you realize you've been putting your energy into everything and everyone and putting your health absolutely last? I'm guilty of grabbing a large fry at McDonalds because I don't have enough time between a rehearsal and helping a friend to cook a meal. I'm guilty of burning myself out trying to be 12 places at once and only wanting to sit on my couch when I get home instead of getting my butt up and exercising.

The thing is, my big goal in life right now is to start a family with my husband. I'm not comfortable personally getting pregnant until I lose between 50-75 pounds, not only because of the personal risks, but also because I don't want to put myself in a position where after I have the baby I have over 100 pounds to lose or more. I want to be a good example for my future child, and I want to be able to live a long and healthy life with my family, and right now, I'm not setting myself up for success in that regard. I believe I can do it, but its' going to be hard, attentive, consistent work, which up until now, I have failed at. I will have bursts where I'm killing it in the gym, but I've never been great at paying attention to my nutrition. I want my health to become number one, and that's why I'm here. I've seen friends have amazing success with My Fitness Pal (one lost almost 100 pounds, another is around 25 at the moment.) My body has changed over the last two years because of the work I've been putting in at the gym, but it's time to go all in and do this thing for real.

Anyone else have more than 50 pounds to lose? Would love to hear how you are keeping yourself consistent and accountable, especially with the holidays coming!

Replies

• ButterflyFarmer
    ButterflyFarmer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We are so similar. The last few years have been a weight roller coaster for me. 200 pounds in 2013. 130 pounds by the end of 2014, only to gain it all back by 2017. Now I'm at it again. I also have a bit of a hectic life in which there were just so many other needs and obligations, and I placed myself at the bottom of the priority list.

I'm doing good right now. I'm taking it slow. I'm not overly restricting myself. If it's in my calorie budget and I want it then I eat it. Another thing that is essential for me is daily logging. HONEST daily logging. I didn't really want to log those mini candy bars on Halloween, but I know that lying to myself will not help me obtain any of my goals.

Best of luck! Add me if you are looking for new mfpals.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, All the best!! Feel free to add me.