102 lbs down! Before and after pic

Options
MaryYoungmark
MaryYoungmark Posts: 66 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
Through clean eating and crossfit I have lost 102 pounds. I started my journey on January 10th 2017. I was depressed and lonely and just so sick and tired of feeling like complete crap. Hopped on the scale at the doctor and couldn't believe I had crept up to 310. I walked out of the doctors office determined to change my life and I'm so glad I did. My self confidence has grown and I feel so amazing. You can do anything you set your mind to! [personal details removed by mods. Please share personal info via private messaging] uq549lp59p04.jpg

Replies

• keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Great loss
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Holy pete that's awesome!! You look great! Congratulations! : )
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You look great! Kudos!
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! :)
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and hard work - you look great!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Perfect example - and this is a little bit of a rant on my part - of what happens when we exercise critical thinking and stop just accepting what "they say". Take personal responsibility and accountability and look what can happen.

@MaryYoungmark - awesome and amazing job. Keep on, keeping on. If I might suggest.....when you reach your goal, and you will, have another set of goals in place. So many times when people are on a journey that might seem absolutely impossible to attain and they work their tails off and they finally do attain that first goal, they flounder because they did not have a "when I reach this goal, the next set of goals are ......." set of goals.

What are your next set of goals? :wink: At least, if you do not have a 'next set of goals', start thinking about them.
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a fantastic accomplishment! I followed you on IG.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Roanoke, TX? Funny! Roanoke, VA. Well, was until I moved to Winston-Salem, NC three+ years ago! Too funny.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WOW! Truly inspiring!
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. I've been off and on again with my diet and crossfit gym. I've decided that once again, today is my Day 1! Excited that I could be saying that I lost over 100 lbs in 10 months time!

You can do it!!! And 10 months will fly by!!! Good luck and stay strong
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options
    Perfect example - and this is a little bit of a rant on my part - of what happens when we exercise critical thinking and stop just accepting what "they say". Take personal responsibility and accountability and look what can happen.

@MaryYoungmark - awesome and amazing job. Keep on, keeping on. If I might suggest.....when you reach your goal, and you will, have another set of goals in place. So many times when people are on a journey that might seem absolutely impossible to attain and they work their tails off and they finally do attain that first goal, they flounder because they did not have a "when I reach this goal, the next set of goals are ......." set of goals.

What are your next set of goals? :wink: At least, if you do not have a 'next set of goals', start thinking about them.

Once I lose maybe another 40-50 lbs my next set of goals will be to learn how to maintain and live the rest of my life healthy. Also, to continue progressing in crossfit and building more strength. And thank you so much!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • bafischer3
    bafischer3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! You look great!!!!!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • garlo12
    garlo12 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! you look wonderful and such an inspiration, how tall are you and I love you are wearing the same pants.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!