Best foods for low energy levels

Options
Hi all

I've been doing a lot of running and weights over the last year. For the last month and a bit I've been having low energy levels. I used to get up in the morning with energy and look forward to the exercise.

Using my fitness pal over the last 6 months I've lost nearly 2 stone as I'm only taking 1700 calories a day plus any extra I gain from exercises I've done.

Any ideas as to what could give me a boast or what foods I should be mainly eating?

Thanks

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your goals since you started? Your calorie intake sounds low. Have you been taking diet breaks or rest weeks during that time?
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have you been sleeping well and getting enough sleep? I am not a morning person by any means and used to sleep about 5-6 hours a night and wake up several times during that. I was always so tired in the mornings. For the past week, I’ve been going to bed sooner to get 7-8 hours of sleep and taking magnesium because I researched that it not only helps your body heal but also helps you get to a deep sleep so you’re rested in the mornings. I have to say that when I wake up now, I’m ready to go and not dragging like I used to. I’m not waking up during the night either. I’m a believer in magnesium now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight?
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What is your macro breakdown? If you are going low carb AND low fat, you will probably be very sluggish.
  • lelong_mckean
    lelong_mckean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6ft and now 11st 13. no particular diet. trying to sleep 7/8 hours a night