Pumpkin recipes

Options
alyssag2011
alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
Im beginning to get in the holiday spirit and picked up a can of Pumpkin purée at the store thinking surely I can find something to make with it. So what are your low calorie and simple recipes (hoping to use as few ingredients as possible) that include pumpkin!

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I use it as a thickener in stews.. onion, potato, sweet potato, parsnips, squash (winter veggies) and sometimes soyrizo for the flavoring (great seasoning without the fat of regular chorizo) then veggie or chicken broth... add pumpkin.

you can also add it to regular chili, adds an interesting flavor (not too pumpkiny)

you can also use it as a pasta sauce with a little broth and some spices (add a little half and half if you want to richen it up a bit)
    Here's a version: https://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/02/pasta-creamy-pumpkin-sauce/
    and another: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pasta-creamy-pumpkin-sauce-and-toasted-hazelnuts

add some into your oatmeal or smoothies, add to mac and cheese, use in lasagna.. make a curry with it..

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    You can put in your yogurt, oatmeal, smoothie, soup.. pretty much anything
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I made some nice carrot pumpkin soup the other day.....one small bag of baby carrots cooked and then blended in a blender with chicken stock to make it smooth. Then add to a pot with can of pumpkin puree,and whatever spices you like....I used sage and Lovage. Turned out great and very filling yet low calorie.

Another is pumpkin pudding....silken tofu mixed with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices and a sweetener of your choosing
  • Hecka_Rebecca
    Hecka_Rebecca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Protein Waffles: blend together 1 banana, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 scoops protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla (and maple extract if you have it). Spoon batter into waffle maker and cook ~5min. Makes 10 waffles.
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I made this pumpkin bread: www.skinnytaste.com/low-fat-pumpkin-bread-with-pepitas/

I subbed mini chocolate chips in for pepitas (pumpkin seeds). It was delicious!
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jody's Pumpkin Cheesecake Bake is one of my staples for a snack in the evening and so easy to make.

15 oz. can pure pumpkin
    8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
    1 cup of Splenda
    5 eggs
    1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. vanilla

Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and continue to beat. Pour into a glass pie dish which has been sprayed with cooking oil spray and bake for approx. 40 - 50 minutes or until a knife comes out of center pretty clean. I actually put a 11 x 13 Pyrex baking dish filled with water on the bottom rack and bake the pie right above it, on the center rack. The water seems to keep moisture in the oven and prevents it from cracking. Let cool, refrigerate, and enjoy with a nice dollop of whipped cream....... :). I slice mine into 8 servings. Here are the nutritional facts based on what I plugged into MFP:

Nutrition Facts:
    Servings 8.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 175
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 13 g 19 %
    Saturated Fat 7 g 33 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 139 mg 46 %
    Sodium 155 mg 6 %
    Potassium 48 mg 1 %
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 6 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 7 g 13 %
    Vitamin A 134 %
    Vitamin C 4 %
    Calcium 6 %
    Iron 7 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A box of bran muffin mix
    Or spice cake mix and add a 15oz can of pumpkin puree, nothing else...maybe some chocolate chips. I make mini muffins this way.