4 Hour Body

Options
Hello All,

been on here since Feb and until the last month or so I've been losing weight regularly. I have stalled a little lately and I believe I know the reasons why (not enough cardio, too much resistance, not enough water and too much dairy - but still losing inches).

Anyway, I decided I need to change thing up a bit as I'm only 50-60 pounds from my goal, so over half way there, yay!!!

A friend introduced me to the 4 hour body (4HB) book and it's very interesting. I started it Saturday and have lost 3.5 lbs in 2 two days. Hard to believe since I hardly exercised at all this weekend, was resting my body. If it continues then I believe I've found my plateau buster.

Any of you tried it? Any success stories would be great. Also, any tips you have for making it easier would be greatly appreciated.

Please add me as a friend also,

Thanks

memro

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that one, what exactly is it? Everyone gets plateaus and if its the first one you have had since February you have done really well! Feel free to add me if you would like :smile:
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Katy,

it's a slow carb diet, not low carb but slow carb. Basically this guy has done a lot of research specifically on what foods promote FAT loss, not simply weight loss. There's a lot of science in it. Naturally give up all the white carbs/foods (except cauliflower) but add beans to your diet, not baked beans but black beans, kidney beans etc. Then one day a week have a cheat day. But if you do it right, the bigger the cheat, the better because it keeps your body guessing.

You can get the book on Amazon for like $13.

It's my 3rd plateau since Feb and the hardest because it seemed like my wheels were spinning but I wasn't moving. Thankfully the tape measure showed good results even when the scale didn't.

I'm still new to it and thankfully I love beans so it's not been that hard so far and it's relatively close to the clean eat I was already doing.

M
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, I will have to have a look on Amazon and see if we can get it here (I am in the UK)
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    Most of the stuff in that book is completely out of touch with scientific basis. My roommate has the book so I took a look at it recently as well. I turned randomly to a page in the middle and it was talking about a guy who gains some ridiculous amount of "muscle" in 12 weeks. (something like 40-50 pounds) The entire diet was an advertisement for NO-Xplode.

Afterwards I went to Alan Aragon's website and he had a big article explaining how most of the studies are bunk.

There isn't a magical way to lose weight or gain muscle. You either eat in deficit and you lose weight or you eat in bulk and gain weight. If you lift weights, you can maintain lean muscle mass or gain lean muscle mass depending on how much you eat. Cutting certain types of foods out of your diet doesn't make the difference. This ignores basic physics and the law of conservation of energy. Do you really believe "baked beans" are going to prevent you from losing weight? Do you really believe "cauliflower" is going to make you lose more weight than if you ate some other vegetable in its place?
  • AngAndrews
    AngAndrews Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a basic version of the 4HB today prepared by my trainer. I think some of the stuff in the book is a bit extreme and I will not be taking any ice baths, but the diet part totally makes sense.

If you would like to friend me I would be more than happy to partner with you to keep each other motivated and share food ideas.

Good luck to you Memro!