Vegetarian diets

Options
So I eat mostly a vegetarian diet, with small excursions for seafood and meat. I am wondering-- how on a daily basis in my mostly vegetarian eating habits can I include less carbohydrates? I have no problem getting close to or going over the amount of protein I eat, and I have to eat high amounts of fruits and vegetables in order to keep my nutrients and water levels high. Any advice? thanks!

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know, which is weird because I'm a vegetarian, and I know I am 98 percent of the time under my carbohydrates, and usually make my protein...O.O
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I would just suggest adding a protein powder like whey or egg protein into your diet. That way you still eat all the good stuff, but by including the protein powder, you change the ratio of carbs to protein.
  • rainbowbrite1979
    Options
    Being a vegetarian, carbs are probably the largest portion of my diet. However, I try to stick to healthy carbs, such as whole grains and veggies, now. This is not to say that I avoid sugar, though. :bigsmile: I rarely go over the recommended carb number on MFP even though I don't consider myself to be on a low-carb diet. Hopefully, this is the type of info you are looking for. :smile:
  • MJoy327
    MJoy327 Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually add whey protein a couple times a week to my morning smoothie--- but I don't overdo it because for the most part I get the protein I need. Are there any fruits/vegetables anyone knows of which are lower carbs than others? I'm not really concerned about low carbs--- I just want to keep within the range I should be eating. And since I LOOOOOOVE dairy and bread and fruit and veggies and sugar---- I'm pretty doomed unless I can learn to adjust the amount of carbs I am receiving from food. Let's face it--- for vegetarians, carbs are definitely essential. YUMMM.