Anyone losing weight to try for a baby?

Options
I'm hoping to find some women with some similar goals as me! I've currently lost about 45 lbs and am still going strong to continue losing so my husband and I can start trying for another baby! I want to get myself as healthy as I can for a better pregnancy and birth experience. I still have a ways to go, and am looking for other determined women to connect with on here that are losing weight in order to, or while trying to conceive. Feel free to add me or comment so I can add you!

Replies

• sarahcohee
    sarahcohee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar situation. My first pregnancy had several health issues, so I am working on my weight before trying again.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying for my first and want to lose weight as it hasn't happened yet.
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We hope to start trying for #2 in the next few months. I had high BP during #1 (she's only 10mos right now) and would like to lose some more weight before #2. I have lost 37lbs from my pregnancy high.
  • stacylalanne
    stacylalanne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just some encouragement to you ladies on this journey from someone who has been there. I have 4 children earth side (and two angel babies). After my 3rd baby (all three pregnancies I had GDM) my Dr told me I was well on my way to becoming diabetic. I was only .2 points away from being full blown type 2 diabetic. I completely understood the ramifications of poorly managed diabetes because my sister has been a type 1 since she was 12 years old. So I buckled down and ate a low carb, protein and fat rich diet. I knew I needed to get this under control, not only for myself, but for my husband and children and my future children...because, I wasn't done growing my family! After 3 months of eating right I lost 30lbs and my A1c went from a razors edge away from being diabetic, down to below the average healthy person. After 8 months of dedication to my health I lost 60lbs. The next year ( more like 6 or 7 months later) I got pregnant. I did end up with GDM but not until the third trimester, and only diet controlled. You see, my first 3 were GDM from the beginning and insulin dependant all the way through. My biggest happy dance moment came when, just before my csection, the nurse weighed me and I weighed the same at the END of my pregnancy as I did when I GOT pregnant with my third! My health during and after that pregnancy was so much better than the other 3 combined! It was difficult, and sometimes I questioned why I was even doing it...but I looked at my babies and realized, they were reason enough! I'm not back to pre baby weight yet, but I have a renewed vigor after I got a good post pregnancy report from my doctor. It won't be easy, but it IS worth it!!
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and hubs and I don't want to even start trying for about 5 years. However, having healthy habits and weight in check before baby is very important to me. I don't think my body could carry a baby in a healthy way right now.
  • Sdolan93
    Sdolan93 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We want to start trying to conceive in Jan but from ttc before I know I don't ovulate when I'm this heavy my cycles end up all out of wack...... they start regulating after I lose about 20 pounds..... so Id like to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of Jan ...... I weigh about 260 at the moment :/
  • xfaithxpx
    xfaithxpx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! Please add me as I have PCOS and it is very hard at times and need motivation!
  • JaymiOrtega
    JaymiOrtega Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! I’m getting my IUD removed in 2 weeks, soz I’m pretty confident that #2 won’t be far along. I NEED to start working on my weight for a healthier pregnancy. My first wasn’t terrible, but I had quite a bit of health issues that could have been related to my weight. Next time around, I want to to do better for myself, baby, and my family. Let’s do this!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Husband and I will be trying for our first soon, but I'd like to lose a little more before then. Feel free to add me if you're in a similar situation.
  • TheNewC14
    TheNewC14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have type 2 diabetes. Husband and I are trying to have our first baby. Doctor told us that I have to lose about 60- 70 lbs. I have always been up and down with my weight. sometimes it is a struggle wanting to have a baby and trying to lose weight. I feel like family and friends do not understand my situation and my motivation. So I do not get much support from my family and friends. I just need to know if anyone else is going through the same situation and that I am not alone.
  • rvaugh07
    rvaugh07 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My second is only 6.5 months right now but I'm finally over 5lbs under my pre pregnancy weight and am working to lose between 50 and 100 more. It took me a year of trying for both of my pregnancies and with breastfeeding, my cycle didn't return with my first until she was about 14 months so I'm assuming I have awhile before it does from my 6 month old. So until my cycle returns and hopefully even after, I'm going to do my best to lose some of this weight so maybe it will be easier for us to conceive and I can have a healthier pregnancy. Feel free to add me too!
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Actively trying, but also trying to lose weight. I’m trying to establish healthy eating habits before