Weight and diet question?

Options
Hi I know everyone loses weight differently but I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat or could give me some advice. I’m trying to lose a little weight and I’ve been eating clean, working out 5-6 times a week (interval, running, yoga & Pilates), and I weigh myself every morning. Through all of this, my weight has been going up on some days. Anyone know why this is? It’s coming to the point where I’m getting very frustrated. How long before I’m supposed to see results (I know it’s not over night but it’s been 10 weeks so far). Since starting to count my macros and weigh myself (never had before) my confidence is at an all time low and I’m feeling like I’m getting too obsessed. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and logging everything with as close to 100% accuracy as possible?

You aren't going to lose every single day or week. Our bodies don't work like that. How much have you lost in 10 weeks and how much total do you want to lose?
  • phillyeagles9358
    phillyeagles9358 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is an extremely common question/concern when it comes to getting in shape. There could be a number of different things holding you back in attaining your fitness goals. For one, the increase in weight may not be what it seems. With an increase in exercise there tends to be an increase in water consumption and it is likely the weight fluctuation has much to do with water weight. Number two, 10 weeks is quite an accomplishment but is not nearly enough time to see any drastic change in your physique. In 6 months to a year you will begin to see some good change but still not what many might expect. Fitness is a lifetime commitment and it can take many years to get the body you are looking for. It seems as though you have been taking your exercise very seriously but have you taken a really close look at your diet? A majority of the time when you aren't getting the results you seek it often comes back to diet! If your diet is in check maybe your routine could be to blame but that is often time not the case. Don't be too concerned about weight either! The scale isn't always the most accurate way to determine progress.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So the only thing that causes weight loss is taking in fewer calories than you expend. In your list of what you were doing to lose weight you at no point mentioned how many calories you were eating or expending which are the pertinent things for weight loss. So hard to answer your question.

Seems to me like if what you want is weight loss that you are ignoring the one thing that affects that, calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    rc7h2umzmihe.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates.

its the overall trend that matters.