Reaching out for support & friendship

Options
This is difficult for me to ask. I've always done things on my own. This time however, I know I need help, support & most of all friendship. I usually feel shame, guilt, & weakness, if I can't manage things on my own. I lost my weight & reached goal at 163lbs. It's the maximum weight my doc likes for my height, age etc. I'm in my 50s. I reached my year mark end of October. I would like to give myself about a 5lb. wiggle room, which would take me to 158lbs. I managed to get to 161lbs. I felt fabulous. I even think perhaps 155lbs. may work for me, we'll see. One step at a time. Anyway. Here I sit at 170lbs. Needless to say, I don't like how I feel at this weight. I kept logging & did see the weight coming. No surprises there. I allowed oother's comments, "you're wasting away," "I hope you're not losing anymore weight," to sabotage me. I did it to myself. No one to blame but myself. I got arrogant. Skipped my workouts, ate more fudge, cookies, chocolates than I should have. So, here I sit. However! I'm back on track. Reaching out for friendships. This time. I'm doing it right. I'm doing it for me. I can't go back to 80+ pounds. I worked hard to get here & I'm staying here! In myfitnesspal friendship, Susanna

Replies

• LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place, Susanna. Its a great day to get back to it - and best of luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • mrs_hedgehog
    mrs_hedgehog Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »
    You're in the right place, Susanna. Its a great day to get back to it - and best of luck! Feel free to add me :)

I don't know how to add you!? Tell me what I need to do. Sorry 'bt that. Thanks so much for replying. ~Susanna
  • j_kitiara
    j_kitiara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m right with you! Almost the same situation. I don’t feel terribly confident about my ability to track but I know I need to do something and reach out for help.
  • Mesmerizing
    Mesmerizing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please add me!

I gained over 50lbs in less than 2 months due to an anti-depressant, and though I'm no longer on it, I still can't lose the weight. I struggle with self esteem, self loathing, guilt, and more as a result if this added weight. Ideally, I want to lose about 50lbs to put me back around 130. I'm tired of hating how I look and feel, It's affecting every aspect of my life.

I can use all the friends, support, and encouragement I can find - can't seem to bring myself to share these details with anyone who knows me.
  • anthlilley
    anthlilley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Must be the day for it. I'm getting back to logging and exercise today. I stopped working out stopped logging and i lost my way..... I'm not one for great diets just like to see others in the same boat trying to maj e a positive change. I'll send a request and anyone is free to add me......you can always ditch me later
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Don't listen to negative people.
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    anthlilley wrote: »
    Must be the day for it. I'm getting back to logging and exercise today. I stopped working out stopped logging and i lost my way..... I'm not one for great diets just like to see others in the same boat trying to maj e a positive change. I'll send a request and anyone is free to add me......you can always ditch me later

Would never "ditch" ya! Thank you for your friendship. Let's help each other! I know when I log, watch my macros, & get some exercise in ~~ I'm on track.
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    j_kitiara wrote: »
    I’m right with you! Almost the same situation. I don’t feel terribly confident about my ability to track but I know I need to do something and reach out for help.

Let's help each other! I'm here for you!
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    You can do this!! Don't listen to negative people.

You're so right! It does hurt when I lost my most important support system, my sister. We were so close & began this journey together. I kept going & she chose not too. I cannot believe "weight" will seriously come between us. Don't get me wrong. I love my sister. I am just very sad this issue has affected our relationship.
  • rlaurain
    rlaurain Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I got up to 180lb and I'm down to 171, but I have a long ways to go. I want to get down to 150 or less. We can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • NWKay
    NWKay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got on the scales again this morning. Yikes!!! must get serious about logging and paying more attention as to what goes in my mouth. This is the first time I have reached out in forum, but have to do something that will keep me going. Holidaze are coming up. I am setting up account and have some fitness challenges with Garmin friend. Let us do this!!! :)
  • mrs_hedgehog
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Please add me!

I gained over 50lbs in less than 2 months due to an anti-depressant, and though I'm no longer on it, I still can't lose the weight. I struggle with self esteem, self loathing, guilt, and more as a result if this added weight. Ideally, I want to lose about 50lbs to put me back around 130. I'm tired of hating how I look and feel, It's affecting every aspect of my life.

I can use all the friends, support, and encouragement I can find - can't seem to bring myself to share these details with anyone who knows me.

You got a friend! Thanks for reaching out to me & now I'm reaching out to you. We can do this together. MyFitnessPal is the best logging app, it has taught me to learn & see how my daily macros are being utilized with each food I enter. The search engine is fascinating for finding & logging meals. I would not have lost the weight I have without it. MyFitnessPal is for life. The app helped save my life & I will allow it to continue to help me stay on track, "with a little help from my friends," I know I can get back on track.
  • robynh123
    robynh123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat... lost 50 pounds and have gained it back over the past 7 years. Now it’s harder because of aging metabolism. Add me to your list... I may need help if I reach for Halloween candy!
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    NWKay wrote: »
    Just got on the scales again this morning. Yikes!!! must get serious about logging and paying more attention as to what goes in my mouth. This is the first time I have reached out in forum, but have to do something that will keep me going. Holidaze are coming up. I am setting up account and have some fitness challenges with Garmin friend. Let us do this!!! :)

You got it! Let's!
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    rlaurain wrote: »
    I completely understand. I got up to 180lb and I'm down to 171, but I have a long ways to go. I want to get down to 150 or less. We can do it! Feel free to add me.

Definitely adding you! Let's do this together! It feels good to know one is not alone.
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    robynh123 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat... lost 50 pounds and have gained it back over the past 7 years. Now it’s harder because of aging metabolism. Add me to your list... I may need help if I reach for Halloween candy!

I know what you mean! It's my decision & my choice to reach for the Halloween candy popcorn that's made the numbers on the scale increase. Definitely not rocket science. I did it with my eyes wide open. I usually allow myself a serving or two of treats. However, I have been bingeing & here I am, with the serious realization that I need friends to support me. On my own is just not enough.
  • mrs_hedgehog
    Options
    j_kitiara wrote: »

We can help each other! Let's do this together!