Lo-CAl Smoothies

Options
Does anyone have any great recipes they can share with me for low calorie smoothies? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    fruit or protein?

For protein I use 1 cup almond milk, I scoop protein powder, and I cup frozen fruit.
    For fruit I use my favorite frozen fruit, water, and a stevia packet. - mangos are my fav

The amount of liquid can be altered to adjsut thickness
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options

Isnt the proper term, the 'thickisity'?
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    fruit or protein?

For protein I use 1 cup almond milk, I scoop protein powder, and I cup frozen fruit.
    For fruit I use my favorite frozen fruit, water, and a stevia packet. - mangos are my fav

Me too!
    1 scoop protein powder, unsweetened almond milk and frozen mixed berries. I use the berries because they are lower in sugar than all the other fruit AND full of antioxidants & nutrients. I don't use any sweetener because the protein powder & berries make it sweet.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    WHat kind of protein powder do you use?
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "low" calories, because fruits always include a lot of sugar, but it still good!

First recipe:

- 1 cup of "Tofu dessert" from Sunrise (I don't know how to call it in english, but it's a smooth tofu you can eat like yogurt, and there are many flavors) I prefer coconut, there's also banana, mango, plain, creme anglaise, etc. It's about 90 cals for 150g portion. 2g of fat and 5g of protein.
    - Frozen fruits: i love strawberries and banana, mango and pineapple are great too.
    - You also nee some kind of liquid.... milk, soy milk (but that would be a lot of soya with the tofu...) of orange juice.

Second:
    - about 3\4 cup of low fat chocolate soy beverage
    - frozen fruit: strawberries and banana are so good with chocolate!

I think you can do almost eveything :)

Justine
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I use Scivation Chocolate Whey. It's a really fine powder and mixes easily with fluids and can be stirred into yogurt, etc.
    I buy 10lb box online from AllStarHealth.com for best value.

I just had my post workout shake:
    1 scoop protein, 7 ounces unsweetened almond milk, 157g frozen berries
    217 calories, 20g carbs, 5g fat, 25g protein, 8g sugar and a whopping 9g fiber!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Protein Plus, it is only sold at sams club, lots of protein, low carb, high fiber