Insanity people

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
okay just did Max Cardio conditioning.

personal stats weigh around 193 (disgusting i know)

these are the stats of my hrm (polar ft7)

avg hr 152

max hr 172

cal burn 379

first question does that seem right??????

second question do i even have any business trying to do this?

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i am on day 3 of insanity and my stats are

weight-178

HRM-Polar FT4

max-211
    average-143
    calories 344

I didn't think that was right either but I go as hard as I can with a bad ankle and a stress fracture in the other leg

I have NO business even trying this workout but I am going to go as long as I can until I can find another workout to do at home

I still go to the gym but I workout at home 5 days a week also
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    mine was even lower so my answer is no, it didnt seem right to me. i actually burned more calories walking!!! go figure.

......and i rocked that fit test!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That sounds good to me!!
    I started at 195lbs ... just using my elliptical.. then i did a round of p90x.. and i am currently on my second round of Insanity.. i am 163lbs. You have every right to be doing this!! Which workout was it.. in the first month i typically burned about 400-500 calories .. the second month was a lot harder.
    My avg, max and stuff are about the same! :) Good job! Keep at it!! :D Make sure you get enough proper nutrition!!
    Add me if you want & we can do it together :D
    GL!
    DIG DEEPER!
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    I dont know anything about the insanity workout... but WHY would you NOT have any business trying it!?!?! I weigh about the same as you... & let me tell you... if you have the energy, endurance, stamina and the pure will to even TRY insanity... i give you BIIGG ups! because i am 22 years old, 2 kids, 190 pounds and there is absolutely NO way i could do it! i have a hard time getting through "start it up" on the slim in 6 workout routine!! Keep at it. you may surprise yourself!
  • briannafitness
    Options
    first off, you're not disgusting. You taking action on losing weight, which is pretty brave. Many people don't want to try lose weight. So Congrats to you starting (and with Insanity!!)!

Now I'm not sure if the calories burned is correct, but You can log Insanity workouts as 'high impact cardio' and see what myfitnesspal says or try here. www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    first off, you're not disgusting. You taking action on losing weight, which is pretty brave. Many people don't want to try lose weight. So Congrats to you starting (and with Insanity!!)!
    Now I'm not sure if the calories burned is correct, but You can log insanity workouts as 'high impact cardio' and see what myfitnesspal says or try here. www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm
    Or you can log them from your hrm! .. make a new workout.. thats why i do :P
  • briannafitness
    Options
    you can do that?! wow. thanks!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i log them into my own data base as a new workout so mine says insanity or boot camp or zumba
    it's easier and since i have a HRM i know how much i burned that way i dont have to guess
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just had to google this because we don't get infomercials here in the UK. And wow. It looks intense. Is it worth the money?
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound right to me, but I don't know, my results were different. I could understand if that was a month one workout, but if you are doing Max workouts in month two, I would think you would be burning more. For example, I did Cardio Plyo Circuit last night and burned 526. Normally in month one I would burn 400-500+ calories and during month two, burn 800+ calories.

I think everyone can do that workout, as long as you are getting a good burn and trying as hard as you can. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Don't get discouraged!! Keep up the good work. :happy:
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    the funny thing is i can plug all the same info that is in my HRM into a caculator on triathlon training blog

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

and it came up with around 700 cals from that workout
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I just had to google this because we don't get infomercials here in the UK. And wow. It looks intense. Is it worth the money?

yes
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't seem right...they advertise that you can "burn up to a 1000 cals in one workout". I'm 151 lbs, there's no way I'm burning 1000cals/hr, no matter what I do. As for what your HRM is saying that you burnt, keep in mind that it bases the information off of your weight, sex (if you have a good one) and your heart rate. Now here's the kicker that I always found with my HRM, with all the bouncing around and shifting of my body, my HRM would shift too (obviously) which means that it loses contact with your body and can give you false readings. I once had mine tell me my max heart rate was over 200 bpm. So the short answer is no, it's not right but it's really hard to find a good indication of what it should be. Personally I would go with the 'high impact aerobics' and the 'calisthenics' combined.
  • zojo78
    zojo78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this week! My stats:

Weight: 143
    Height: 5'4"
    Ave HR: 142
    Max HR: 178
    Cals burned: 330

I think anyone can try this, it can only make you fitter! So I can't keep up with the peeps on the DVD, and some moves I can't perform at all just now - but I WILL get there eventually - as long as you've got the determination I say go for it! Everyone has to start somewhere!! :-)
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    it's hard for us to say how hare you are working. If you are jumping and if you sweat as much as I do I can't imagine not burning over 500 cal! I used to do insanity weighing 260lbs so there is no reason you can't do it. Just keep trying.

I almost want to tell you to get a new HRM but I don't know if that's the problem or not! Try not to worry about cal burned and just work your hardest and eat the best you can
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Are you in month 2? I'm on day 9 and haven't had that workout yet.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    It really doesn't seem right...they advertise that you can "burn up to a 1000 cals in one workout". I'm 151 lbs, there's no way I'm burning 1000cals/hr, no matter what I do. As for what your HRM is saying that you burnt, keep in mind that it bases the information off of your weight, sex (if you have a good one) and your heart rate. Now here's the kicker that I always found with my HRM, with all the bouncing around and shifting of my body, my HRM would shift too (obviously) which means that it loses contact with your body and can give you false readings. I once had mine tell me my max heart rate was over 200 bpm. So the short answer is no, it's not right but it's really hard to find a good indication of what it should be. Personally I would go with the 'high impact aerobics' and the 'calisthenics' combined.
    yeah i am wondering if you are not right about the bouncing, i have worn it for my cycling class , less bouncing bout not as hard, and got a 500 cal reading , ands i know i am burning more at that hour of insanity, no offence to the cyclling
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It does sound kind of fishy because I'm 116 pounds and burning around there with Insanity. (Plyometric Cardio Circuit on Day 2 was 392 burned and day 3/today, Cardio Power & Resistance was 340). I have the New Balance for Women N4 HRM with the chest strap.. and I'm sweating like crazy by the end, so I'd say the calorie burn is relatively accurate. In my opinion, I'd think you're burning a little more than that.. but even if you aren't, you'll still get results! Keep up with it. There is no weight limit, and if you ever feel like you're not ready for it, do another video (I started with 30 Day Shred).. work your way up, and give it another shot. Good luck with everything. (:
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just found this equation on the Livestrong website:

Estimate Your Calorie Burn
    Divide your weight in pounds by 2.2 to convert to kilograms. For men, multiply your average heart rate by 0.6309 to find A, your weight by 0.1988 to find B, and your age by 0.2017 to find C. Add A, B and C, then subtract 55.0969 and divide by 4.184. For women, multiply your average heart rate by 0.4472 to find A, your weight by 0.1263 to find B, and your age by 0.074 to find C. Add A and C, subtract B, and then subtract 20.4022 and divide by 4.184. The result of either equation gives you the number of calories burned per minute, so multiply it by the number of minutes you exercised

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/420795-how-many-calories-do-you-burn-on-insanity-pure-cardio/#ixzz1U0Saw41N
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity today- Max cardio interval...I weigh 146 and am 46 and in pretty decent shape cardio wise. I burn way more than the numbers listed here. My heart rate monitor appears to be consistent with the aerobic type workouts i do. I can burn between 600-900 calories with Insanity workouts. and i sweat like crazy, slinging sweat everywhere!!! don't know what else to say but to share my experience