August Goals

Options
What are everyone's goals for the month of August AND how are you going to ensure that you reach them?

My goals are to lose 12 lbs. this month. I know this is a push but I haven't been "really" try to do so. I've been working out about 3-4 times a week and not exactly recording everything I eat. So, this month I am going to push for 5-6 days a week of working out and also checking-in within my calorie range for the day.

Replies

• Rubyjjones
    Options
    My goal is to get under 200 lbs by August 31st...that means I have 12 lbs to lose. I am going to try to do it with plenty of water, walking and low carb foods.
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I'm going to do a small goal, and want to lose 5 lbs for the month of August. I won't be able to work out for the rest of the week this week, but will get back on track next week.

good luck!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am in a challenge on here to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day so I can lose one size by the end of the month. What motivated me......My wonderful daughter and my doctor yesterday who almost made me cry!!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mine is to be under 200. I have 9.8 pounds to go.....
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals.... just a few smaller goals to help me reach the larger goals.....
    1. Burn at least 500 calories per workout (combination of cardio & strength training)
    2. Drink 4 water bottles(9 oz) of water each day
    3. Log in every day
    4. Work out at least 5 hours per week
    5. Walk/Run 60 miles for the month of August
    6. Do 100 crunches per day - each day increasing +5
    7.Blog post on MFP twice a week
  • louiseajm
    Options
    My goals for August:

1. Lose at least 6lbs
    2. Swim every day and work out every other day
    3. Swim 75 lengths on days without workouts and 50 on days with

It's not much, but if I build up my stamina and energy I can be more ambitious in September...
  • ryansgirl
    ryansgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What kind of low carb foods work best for weight loss?
  • ryansgirl
    ryansgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love all of your small goals! I think I will do those too!

Here are my goals.... just a few smaller goals to help me reach the larger goals.....
    1. Burn at least 500 calories per workout (combination of cardio & strength training)
    3. Log in every day
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love all of your small goals! I think I will do those too!

3. Log in every day
    Thanks!!! So far every day I have made a step in the right direction - and it makes me feel that much better
  • msbeavert
    Options
    I have two goals. To be up to a 100 crunches a day (I can currently only do 30, but I'm up from 15) and to be able to do at least 45 minutes on the elliptical (when I first got it I could only do 2 minutes {yes I'm serious} but I'm up to 15 now). I keep telling myself baby steps and I'll be there in no time.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 pounds by my birthday 9-4. That would put me under 200.