No Scale November

Options
vzpzf2d5xuwj.jpg

"It's been quite a roller coaster ride, but I've grown and learned a lot about myself-and still am learning."

In honor of my birthday month and that I decided this will be No Scale November for me ;) I would like to share my journey thus far....

I started my journey in 2012. I was a senior in college and would get out of breath from walking from my car to my classes. I was with my ex-boyfriend for 4 years at that time and I remember telling him that I wanted to start to lose weight to get healthy. And he said I specifically remember him saying, "If you lose any weight I don't want to be with you anymore." Well that's when that ended! The next day I signed up for Weight Watchers and started tracking my meals. Calculating things in 'points' instead of macros was a lot easier for me back then. I started walking more and more every day. This slowly progressed to a steady slow job. And I would take my dog with me (because she would have to stop so much to pee, it would give me lots of rest time!). Well I lost 50lbs doing that over the course of a few years.

Then in 2014 I wanted to learn more about exercise. I joined my first gym and got a trainer. I remember the first day I met with him, I couldn't even do a body weight squat. Overtime my trainer and I became really good friends. We started powerlifting together. He ended up opening his own gym and that's when I got certified. I was in my powerlifting glory at that time. I was able to bench 110lbs, front squat 195lbs, squat 225lbs, and deadlift 280lbs. During this time I met my fiancé, who is also a fitness junkie. This was in the beginning of our relationship and our dates would consist of cheat meals and being active together. I started to get lots of aches and pains in my knee and shoulder so I stopped powerlifting and decided to go back to college and get my teaching credential.

Fast forward up to 2017. I am now engaged (wedding in June), teaching 3rd grade, working out consistently, eating lots of nutritious foods, and getting my masters in education. I went from knowing NOTHING about exercise or nutrition to loving everything about it and educating my family and friends about it.

This post isn't to promote myself or my story, but to show you that weight loss doesn't need to happen over night. The small changes you make in the beginning WILL add up over time. This is just a piece of my story, it isn't over yet. I will always have goals and different things that motivate me.
I signed up for mfp in May of 2017 and have fallen in love with the community on here. The support and encouragement everyone offers is outstanding.

Let's keep motivating one another! :)

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Your story was invigorating only because over that time period you went thru alot of changes but you didn't let it hinder you and your goals.
    When I grow up I wanna be like you and I'm 60yo. :)
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    First of all WOW you look awesome and congrats. The one thing people tend to make the mistake of is and using myself as an example. The weight I have put on has been over the past 25 years, now how can I expect that weight to come off in such short time. I cannot and I know this, but yet I am still one of them scale hoppers and I just cannot help myself.

I have about 50lbs to get off and this time I promise I will not fail. I might be 51yo but that is just an age. I am going to the gym and lifting weights and watching my calories. I have already lost about 7lbs since I started Oct.1st and I feel so much better.
  • bafischer3
    bafischer3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. You look great!! CONGRATULATIONS on engagement! Keep smiling!!
  • psychethelover
    psychethelover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to my sister earlier about how it's odd how most women assume that most all men prefer women who are more fit than fat, but I've encountered a good share of men who have told me they prefer heavier women, and even some who have told me they would rather me gain more weight. In fact, I just started talking to a guy from a dating site who told me today that a girl not being a "BBW" would be a deal breaker because he could not be with a skinny girl. I explained to him that even though I am bigger now I do plan on losing a significant amount of weight. He said "Well, we'll see." And that already was a turn off for him to say that. I appreciate that some men like more body fat, and I can even understand why, but if anyone wants to be with me they would need to understand and support my desire to improve my health and wellness by getting to a healthy weight.
  • cocmares
    cocmares Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @mommymission89 omg what a jerk! Well we will see? Smh! You get your fitness on! Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!