Mini Successes

Options
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on all your success! I've been on this site for about 5 weeks and just lost my first 10 lbs. It may not seem like much, but it feels like a real victory to me! There have been other small wins as well. For instance, I was really worried about gaining weight on a week long trip with my family who is notorious for pigging out on junk food on vacations... but i behaved myself and wound up actually losing a pound instead! This was a huge deal for me, because self control when there is junk food right in front of me has always been a struggle. I've been finding myself passing up cake at birthday parties and passing up that yummy roll at dinner. Unlike past diets where I've gone to an unhealthy extreme, i've been letting myself have small treats here and there so i don't feel too deprived. I feel like I've really reached a healthy balance and it feels good! I hope i can keep it up- I'd like to lose about 30 more pounds, but it's encouraging to know that i'm already a quarter of the way to my goal!

Thanks for letting me share and for being here for support and helpful tips! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success..and luck for the next 30 pounds..you can do it..
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome to double digits! It sounds like you are going about it the right way (finally - like me!). I do not deprive myself if I really want it - I just have to account for it. Still, I am finding that my tastes have been changing and, sometimes, when I do let myself get that ice cream or fries, I'm finding that they are not all that great. Or a much smaller serving satisfies the need.
  • stephjean73
    stephjean73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes, awesome job... I am hoping to do the same, appreciate the small steps, 10 lbs off would make me very happy
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Love it when the hard work pays off.:flowerforyou:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :)
  • akumar73
    akumar73 Posts: 13
    Options
    10 pounds is awesome and to lose weight on vacation!!!! Don't minimize your success :)
  • 68sylvia
    68sylvia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good job. congrats. It is so hard to have self-control. you did great
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    That's 2 lbs a week! A victory to anybody! Congratulations honestly, especially on turning down junk away from home. That is my biggest weakness as well! You're gonna get there in no time
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    Thanks everybody! You guys are such great support!
    :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!