Setting small goals to help reach MFP goal

Options
I,m committed to breaking the < 300 lbs goal! I must break this barrier!!!! Over the past 35 years my weight has been up and down more then the New York stock market. New to MFP, lost 6 lbs to date.

Replies

• 4N6junkie
    Options
    That is the way to do it man. More power to ya and the best of luck.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When i lived in a 5 floor walk up I once bought something far heavier than I realized, while trying to get it upstairs I was overwhelmed at the prospect of 5 flights of stairs. Then I thought... let's see if I can get it up 1 step? I tried and I could. So I did it again, and again and I took a rest and did it again and again and when I did that 60 times I was at my front door.

I kept the same attitude here. I only have to lose 1 lb... the NEXT one. If I can do it once I can do it 5 times, 10 times, 20 times, etc.

As a safety valve I calculated how many calories it took to maintain my GOAL WEIGHT and my CURRENT WEIGHT. So even if I had a bad day and went over my targeted amount of calories as long as I was under what it took to maintain my current weight (be sure to recheck this as you lose) I shouldn't gain any weight. I could take a depth breath and start again where I left off.

Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • 4N6junkie
    Options
    auntiebabs, that is a really good tip!