looking to drop over 300lb

Options
My name is Kerrinton I'm new to this I'm 550 lbs and I'm looking to lose over 300 it's kind of hard for me but hopefully you guys will keep me in mind and keep me motivated

Replies

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, you took the first step... keep signing in, and logging in. Find good friends in here who will make you accountable :)
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good for you! This site has helped me a lot- keeps me honest about my eating and lots of good info and friendly advice. I'm wondering if there are forums on here which specifically focus on those who have large weight loss goals- might be worth looking into. I wish you the best! As Torstar80 said- you've taken the first step- and please know that it is hard for everyone- with food it's about constantly making choices about what/how much we should be eating-temptation is everywhere! I think most of us struggle with this-some more than others of course. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm wondering-with a 300 pound weight loss goal if you're being medically supervised? And...you might want to consider setting some mini-goals rather than looking at the big picture all at once; just a thought....
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you to join the MFP site. Try to just take it 1 day at a time. Commit to logging in every day and every morsel . Remember to emphasize whole foods, Fruits and veggies, complex carbohydrates and lean meats and dairy and the weight loss will follow. I like the plate method that the USDA recommends: You divide your plate in to 4 segments. 1 for veggies, 1 for fruit, 1 for lean protein and 1 for complex carbohydrates with a side of low fat dairy.
    Best of luck to you. You will find alot of support and knowledge on this site and we will be rooting for you.
    Janet
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the very difficult step of introducing yourself and starting your journey with us.

What diet are you going to follow? There are so many people here who follow lots of different diets. Most are very supportive. Keep looking until you find a comfortable place here. I would suggest that you search in the community area under groups and then join a group that has your style of dieting. That way you find the people who will support you in your journey and share theirs. Good luck!
  • st_martn
    st_martn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am at my heaviest as of this morning (433 pounds) and have 230 I want to lose. Would love to connect and push each to success.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    One of my mfp friends logs huge workout burns and multi-lb losses often. He has lost over 500 lb and still has more to go. Your road ahead is easier than his has been. You'll be an entirely different man when you get there, and you'll love it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few folks who have lost two or three hundred pounds here on MFP and many of us with over a hundred to lose. You've found your peeps! It's a long, slow slog but we can do it!
  • thenewcarlee
    thenewcarlee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!
  • LizIsComingBack86
    Options
    You can do it,super proud of you :):)<3
  • bb8915
    bb8915 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The first step is the hardest and you already did it. You want to make a positive change and that in itself speaks volumes. The best thing to remember is that you are strong, your gonna make mistakes but dont give up, and just keep moving. Even if its a 10 minute walk. You got this!!! And this site and these people here make it that much easier. The support is amazing.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The starting point for many people has been to start logging what they eat and drink. I spent nearly 2 weeks logging before I made any changes. I would suggest starting there. Add me as a friend if you would like. Good luck!
  • lcsmaling
    lcsmaling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose and have lost 26 so far. I would love to support you on your journey! Best of luck?
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!!
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I agree with baby steps. Make small goals and conquer each as they come! You can do it!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • AlexCure
    AlexCure Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you! I myself have atleast 200 to lose and would love to be friends, motivate each other and share tips!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You’re in the right place! Good luck and I️ hope you find much future success.
  • Fight4URHAPPINESS
    Fight4URHAPPINESS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, you can do it!
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into surgery? I had the sleeve lost 200#
  • lovey29
    lovey29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can do it!