Beer and Cheer!!

Options
Anyone else drink while dieting/working out? What's your thoughts about it? I usually go out and drink 1-2 times a week and I don't think it's hurting me but idk...

Replies

• Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love beer. I usually ride my bike and do a "pub crawl" with friends on nice weekends. So, no I don't think it is a bad thing. CHEERS! I guess I should add that I drink dark, heavy and hoppy beers, none of that lite/light stuff.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    As long as you count the calories of what your drinking and staying within your daily calorie goal it's fine.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I do what I want... if I want a beer or two... I drink 'em. If I want 5 I drink 'em. If it makes me 1500 calories over for a day so be it. I refuse to feel guilty for doing the things I enjoy in life. Do I do them every day? No. But if I'm in the mood for whatever it is... beer... "bad" food... etc... I go and get said items. :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I do drink, however you may find that you loose weight faster when you don't drink for a couple weeks. Google "fatty liver" for more information there. Basically the body puts off dealing with fat while processing alcohol. Fat gets stored around the liver.

When I hit a plateau I tend to stop drinking till I break it. Otherwise I just count the calories.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I am a beer drinker.. weekends only. I switched to MGD 64 and I allow cals for it. I would rather give up food then my weekend brews..lol. Also I try to go to the gym every Sat. AM to get in a good workout so I have some extra cals for my Sat. nite. :wink:
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You seem to be in phenomenal shape, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Bottomline: there are a ton of empty calories in beer, so you need to be careful. Personally, I like to go out and have a few drinks with friends, but if I'm going to get rid of all of this extra weight then I need to cut waaaay back. Lately, I am trying to switch to Vodka and Perrier over beer. Far, fewer calories but with plenty of "kick." Unfortunately, the taste leaves a lot to be desired.

I also know people who have found 420-friendly alternatives to beer/spirits which do not involve any additional calories ;)
  • CCapehart85
    Options
    I try to stay away from it but sometimes there is nothing better than a nice glass of wine or a mich ultra!