Pancreatitis friendly desserts

Options
sjhlion
sjhlion Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2017 in Recipes
I love to bake and we're coming up to that time of year where I make a ton of different cookies to give out. Of course I keep some at home to enjoy but this year I'm dealing with healing from pancreatitis. Does anyone have any butter (low fat) substitution suggestions or great low fat recipes for sweets?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about naturally fat free? Meringues.
  • sjhlion
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How about naturally fat free? Meringues.

I haven't done those in so long I completely forgot about them. Great idea.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This isn't baking but sorbets, gelatins, applesauce (with cinnamon) and popsicles are dessert options. I have episodic pancreatitis from autoimmune problems so I always keep these on hand "just in case" I have a flare plus they can be eaten while healthy to prevent a flare. Blessings and I pray you have complete healing ASAP...Joy
  • sjhlion
    Options
    Thank you. I have chronic pancreatitis, 11 hospitalizations in 2 years, and have finally gotten a nutritionist that's actually helpful (the reason I found this app). I have high hopes. ☺
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can replace the oil or butter in a lot of cakes and muffin recipes with applesauce or mashed banana. Give it a google for recipe ideas. I haven't done it in a while since I'm on a low sugar diet and dessert is non of my business right now unless it's fruit, but it's quite yummy.