I need to loose a lot of weight... Approx 35-40 Kgs..... Need motivation

Options
I had joined here long time back but did not do anything. Now again have come back and hope to loose weight. I have joined gym also. but i feel i don't have any self control.... every day i come up with excuses for not going to gym.... :'(

Replies

• DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the gym for now. Focus on weighing all your foods and counting your calories accurately. I find that if i pre-plan everything, it's much easier to stick to it. Once you've got that sorted and it becomes a habit for you, then slowly start adding in work outs you enjoy. Pushing yourself to do things you don't like, won't help as you'll eventually give up and go back to your old ways.

This should be a life long journey as you're trying to change your life style and eating habits so that you maintain the weight you lose. So take baby steps, don't be too hard on yourself and do things you enjoy doing! =D

A good motivator for me is a horrible couple of pictures i took. I keep them printed in my bathroom. They show me at my heaviest weight and next to them are pictures of me when I was very healthy. Every time i see that i remember why i don't need to eat that extra slice of cake and why i should check to make sure I've recorded everything in my diary. Keep going! Don't give up and when you feel like you're getting off track, come back to the forums and we'll still be here to support you =)

You can do this, just don't stop weighing and recording your foods accurately and the weight will come off.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You have to do something to lose weight - or, actually, you have to NOT DO something to lose weight: Eat less. You can't just hope to lose weight, you can't just exercise to lose weight, and you don't have to hope or believe in it to lose weight, you don't have to exercise to lose weight, but you have to eat less. And you need to eat less consistently, and for a long time. MFP helps you with that, by showing you how much you can eat and still lose weight, and how much you should eat to be healthy and not particularly hungry, and how much you actually are eating, if you use it correctly. If you use that data, you will find out what you should eat in order to be happy, energized, and lose and then maintain weight.

(Sobbing and waiting for motivation is not going to help you.)
  • kzielanko4
    kzielanko4 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    krótko, chcesz, albo nie, MFP daje Ci pole do popisu, robisz jak piszą albo, nie . Mi się udało 1,5 roku z 79 kg na 70 kg, powodzenia Krzysiek z Polski. biegam w wolnym tempie 3 razy na tydzień (tracę kilogramy, spalam tłuszcz ) około 40 km na tydzień . pozdrawiam 50 lat mam,pozdrowienia
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello there- for me it just got to the point that I hated being fat more than I hated the idea of the changes I'd have to make; I simply became disgusted with myself. I'm 60, and because of a messed up arm/shoulder, I've been walking as my primary exercise. I've done lots of different exercise programs in the past, but walking outside is what makes me feel best- you can burn calories and it's just great to spend some time outside. Start slow-set mini-goals rather than looking at the big picture- I've found it helpful to focus on 5 pound goals. But, after all is said and done- only you can make this happen-you've got to really want it.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd break it up into stages; lose 10kg or so to start with. I've just reached that point, still have another 30kg to go but I have so much more energy now it's brilliant :) can't wait to see how much energy I have when I'm a healthy weight (or even not obese!).
  • dubaispecial
    dubaispecial Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for inspiration. I did go to gym y'day and did excercise and planning to stick to that. I need to improve on my eating habbits though...
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP I knew I would have to do something for exercise. Now 2 years later and 85 pounds lighter all I do is walking daily. I will eventually do some weight training but you don't have to start there. To lose weight it is about 80% eating less. The exercise for me lowers my stress level and helps to reduce my appetite but now at 5 pounds from goal I only get an extra 130 to 150 calories a day for 10,000 steps. The real bonus is how good it makes me feel. Find something you like to do, doesn't have to be the gym or walking just moving in some way. You will stick to it that way. Remember this is not a temporary change it's a permanent one. You have to be able to continue with it for life.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a great place to start :) no need to do everything all at once!

Actually, I find that running is a good way to keep myself in check; if I eat too much junk the day before, my run the next morning is really difficult. And I enjoy the running!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had joined here long time back but did not do anything. Now again have come back and hope to loose weight. I have joined gym also. but i feel i don't have any self control.... every day i come up with excuses for not going to gym.... :'(

I would definitely agree going to the gym and/or doing any type of physical activity motivates you to keep going; but weight less is absolutely more about calories in/calories out. It takes me two miles of jogging to burn 200 calories and I can stuff 200 calories in my face in less than three minutes, or a day can spin out of control and no amount of exercise can fix it.

One thing that helped me early on was not having that absolute mind set - if I ate something bad, the day was over, may as well eat pizza, have beer, whatever. Just move on. Another thing I did was figure out my calorie intake per day; multiply by 7, and make sure I stayed within that for the WEEK. In other words, if my calories are 1600 a day and I have 2000 one day, I cut 100 per day for the next four days, or vice versa - save 400 calories two days in a row so I can have drinks with friends on Friday. That kind of thing. Its a long process and it has to be able to accommodate your lifestyle or you will give up easily.
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As for the gym don't let it be an option to not go.

I go to the gym every day unless I'm out of town. Once I get there I allow myself to turn around and leave immediately. I don't have to do any kind of work out but I do have to walk in the door. I've never yet left without doing at least something - once you do that for a month it's just total habit.

Make sure you find a gym you like. Mine is very bare bones and people go there to work. It's privately owned not a chain and has a ton of free weights and all the machines are well used but well maintained. I love it so much more than all the fancy gyms because it's just a place that everyone goes to do their workout.
  • dubaispecial
    dubaispecial Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys.... most of you are right... this is what my gym instructor has told me.... excercise will help but loosing weight depends 50% on your diet.... you are what you eat... so need to work on it.... I had exceeded my calorie intake everyday... need to work on it....