Wii? Scale?

Options
So When I step on my scale it says im 288.8 pounds. When I step onto my Wii Fit It says im 280.9 pounds. I would love to go with the lower number but I wanted someones opinion

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I would trust the scale!
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry Should mention if I move my scale even an inch in any direction my weight can change 1-3 pounds.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My Wii fit usually says I'm more than my scale! LOL. Mine is on carpet, though ,so I know it's not accurate. I would go with your scale since that is what the scale was designed for while the Wii Fit was not :)

Good luck
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Well if your scale changes weight by that little movement then your floor is most likely uneven...if you have a level or can get your hands on one I would check for a level place to use your scale. What is your wii balance board on?? Carpet, tile, hardwood...etc.

And I should mention I go with the scale for my weight and my wii isn't actually too far off my a pound but that's about it.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    double post lol.
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I suggest you go to the gym, doctor or YMCA and check which is right using a big scale
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    lol, buy a new scale!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    The Wii scale always told me I weighed about 5 pounds less than my actual scale. I believed the Wii just because I wanted to go with the lower number. When I went to the doctor, it turns out the Wii was off and my scale was correct. Now I don't even jump on the Wii scale because I don't trust it.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

We have been using the Wii to weigh ourselves weekly as so long as you always use the same (either wii or scales) it does not really matter as you are measuring loss...

In terms of reliability there are good scales and not so good scales - you get what u pay for...

Lucy
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use my dad's really nice Tanita scale at home, which is extremely accurate and my Wii fit always says the exact same weight...I think maybe your scale is inaccurate...I would try weighing myself on a scale at the gym or doctor's office just to get a better idea of which is closer.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    your scale should be on a completly level surface (you can check this with a ball, if you place it on the floor unmoving and it rolls away its not level) the best floors are hard wood or linoleum since tile can vary in height by tile and spot on that tile! If its analog it should be re-calibrated atleast every 3-5 years for home use (more often in offices) analog scales absolutly can NOT be stored on their side and digital ones simply shouldnt be. But honestly the WII sensor could be wrong if it is on a carpet or uneven floor. find the flattest spot in the house, use that spot and hopefully you can weigh there first thing in the AM after you use the restroom in the same outfit (or naked) to get the most accurate reading, otherwise your weight fluctuates throughout the day causing differences
  • mandahq
    Options
    Okay So Ill go with my scale. Im thinking maybe buy a new one lol. Wii scale was on carpet and and the scale is on my basement floor which is .... no idea how to spell it... its not tile,carpet or wood.. thats that other stuff. lol
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I suggest you go to the gym, doctor or YMCA and check which is right using a big scale

Just because its a bigger scale does not make it more accurate, those get more use and if they are not calibrated annually (at a minimum) they can be VERY incorrect. you should ask how often they are calibrated
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bah. Sigh. and Meh.

This happened to me. The difference is about 4.5 pounds (higher on the Wii). I find that the Wii is completely more consistent than my digital and mechanical scale, though. So I will take consistency over low numbers any day. Regardless of whether the number is higher, you're still going to be aiming to lose the same amount of weight every week.
  • Selin4
    Selin4 Posts: 15
    Options
    Don't worry I use wii fit and have found it to say I'm heavier than most scales but like someone said as long as you use the same thing each week it shouldn't matter!!
  • DanNoonan
    DanNoonan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you have something that is substantially heavy and you definitely know its weight (for example a 25lb dumbell), way it on both the scale and the Wii Fit. Whichever ever one gives you the correct weight of the object is probably your more reliable option.
  • mandahq
    Options

Dont own a gym membership, my dr is in the next town over and it takes a month at least to get an appointment and the YMCA i dont like that place. But those are good ideas lol
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use my wii balance board. That is what I have used from the start, so any loss is great.
    also, it matched my moms digital scale.
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    As long as you're using the same scale, at the same time of day, it doesn't really matter, as far as accuracy goes, if you think about it. :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit just because it is the only scale I have. As someone else said, just use the same one consistently. One thing I hate though is that the little creep always feels the need to announce "That's obese!" every time he weighs me. How rude! ;)