Looking for motivating/inspiring people with similar goals!

Options
Hi my name is Jessica. I am 5'1 and my journey started at 160 lbs. I am currently at 152 and my goal is 120! I still have a long way to go, but I am motivated and determined! I would love to meet new, supportive people with similar health goals!! In return, I would love to provide you with the same support! :)

Replies

• BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jessica. I am 5'1 and my journey started at 160 lbs. I am currently at 152 and my goal is 120! I still have a long way to go, but I am motivated and determined! I would love to meet new, supportive people with similar health goals!! In return, I would love to provide you with the same support! :)

Welocome
  • Quajin
    Quajin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi, would be happy to add ye :smiley:
  • BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well
  • jaimestewart1980
    jaimestewart1980 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we can keep each other on track! :)
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like!
  • jesscoff320
    jesscoff320 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I am also Jessica. I am 5'6. I started at 196. I am currently at 172. I want to get to 130. I am going to see you a request. I haven't been super active on MFP but I'm remotivayed and I want great people along side of me. Once they added the like button it kinda lost that personal touch and motivation so you will get more comments and motivation from me most day verses just likes. The next few days are going to be rough as my I have a family member who will likely pass in the next day or two and we are taking my 16 year old baby boy (chocolate lab) for his final vet visit later today. But if you accept my invitation I will be an excellent motivator next week.
  • paxvobiscum1996
    paxvobiscum1996 Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I started back to biz ness with my workouts and eating well on Monday. Would love to have some fresh motivation to get me back to my goal weight by Feb. 22nd!!
    You can add me!
  • blanca3030
    blanca3030 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! I'm also 5'1, started at 175lbs in Febuary and am currently at 115lbs :)
  • vhepp5
    vhepp5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just begun the journey...goal is to lose 30 lbs and keep on track. I'm an emotionally eater and going thru a lot so trying to keep out of the kitchen lol. Looking for helpful friends too
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Hey Jessica ! Feel free to add me. We are pretty similar in goals. I'm doing low carb and I am starting my 5-6 day regiment Currently on day 4
  • Tomboys510
    Tomboys510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi Jessica,

Welcome and congrats on taking the first step towards a better life for yourself. If I may, the goal is to make the necessary life/habit changes as it applies to nutrition and exercise. The byproduct of these relationships is your weight number.

Too often-and I am every bit as guilty of this, if the weight number becomes the goal, we do what's necessary to achieve that number. However, once we reach that number, we go back to our old ways and gain all the weight back. To make matters worse, the emotional roller-coaster of the weight loss and then the ensuing weight gain often leads us to pack on even more weight.

The physical action of losing weight is merely a numbers game; you burn more calories than you consume. However, we're all different on what the best methodology is to achieve that. Some people are really good at limiting their daily caloric intake (insofar as it's over the minimum threshold required to sustain a normal functioning body). In contrast, some are really diligent and have the time to increase their daily calorie burn. Most of us are somewhere in between where we have to trim a little off our daily intake and add a little to our daily burn.

Understand, there's two action-plans that need to be determined; there's the one for weight loss and then the one for weight maintenance.

Best of luck in your journey and keep us posted.