tips on increasing calories from protein.

Options
2»

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    hey that's almost exactly what we had for dinner last night! only with low fat mozzarella, and with green bell peppers and onions :):) and with the 80 calorie la tortillas
    In order to get more protein in my life, I recently added lots of chicken (daily) and whey protein. I'll grill up 2 large breasts, cut it up, and portion it out into 3 - 4 servings. I will toss it on salads, put it in a wrap, make a sandwich, and my favorite thing to do is make a quesadilla.

easy high protein quesadilla

1 whole wheat tortilla (I use La Tortilla Factory 100 calories)
    2 laughing cow wedges
    3 - 4 oz of cut up chicken breast

spread laughing cow cheese on tortilla
    top with chicken
    fold tortilla in half
    heat it on stove top, flipping occassionally, to taste.
  • boopiejones
    Options
    sorry everyone who suggested yogurt and cottage cheese---i hate them both :(
    my sons love yogurt but i hate it. blech! thanks though!

there can be a huge taste difference among brands of cottage cheese, so you might want to shop around and find one that tastes best. i like to eat it with fruit mixed in, so you are really tasting the fruit more than anything else.

if you can find a way not to hate it, i think a cup of cottage cheese has over 30 grams of protein...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I also don't like yogurt or cottage cheese! It's a texture thing. Ew.

I also need more protein. I feel like I eat a ton already but I'm always under.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    sorry everyone who suggested yogurt and cottage cheese---i hate them both :(
    my sons love yogurt but i hate it. blech! thanks though!

there can be a huge taste difference among brands of cottage cheese, so you might want to shop around and find one that tastes best. i like to eat it with fruit mixed in, so you are really tasting the fruit more than anything else.

if you can find a way not to hate it, i think a cup of cottage cheese has over 30 grams of protein...
  • thimli
    thimli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    luna has a new protein bar and they are also
    Gluten Free
    12 g of protein, 3 g of fiber
    High in Calcium and Folic Acid
    Good Source of Iron and Vitamin D
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Since I'm also trying to get more protein in I'm going to keep following this thread. To those of you that don't like the yogurt, I like it but you might want to try mixing a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with it and add some fruit. It's so yummy! I don't care for cottage cheese, I wonder if I could mix protein powder in with that to make it taste better?