Anyone have experience with Zoloft?

Options
I just started taking zoloft about a week ago,
it started helping my anxiety and over all mood feeling way more like my normal self by day 3!
But what I want to know is, are there any concerns I should know about? I'm trying to lose 25 pounds and would this medicine mess me up in any way? Ive been having a pretty upset stomache... very lose stool... Im hoping taking a good bit of fiber each day will help out with that.

Replies

• TMcNeil82
    TMcNeil82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My only experience was from when I was 16 and taking it for depression. It caused suicidal thoughts and minor self harming. Its known to do that so just be careful. I didn't gain any weight on it.
  • Poweredbycoffee06
    Poweredbycoffee06 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have taken in the past and I am taking it again right now.

In the past Zoloft helped me lose weight. I was a stress eater and the depression made me lazy. I was eating all day and doing nothing. Zoloft helped me to be less depressed, so I was more active. It also helped me eat less since I was able to deal with stress better.

I just started taking it again about a month ago and already feel a big difference. Anti depressants are trial and error though. Be aware of possible side effects and if you experience any unwanted side effect speak to your doctor. Zoloft worked wonders for me but there are many other medications you can try if Zoloft doesn't work out for you.

• Scarlettknits
    Scarlettknits Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The first time I took Zoloft I did gain weight, but the positive effects were more important at the time. I have taken it since episodically and didn't notice any weight gain. Everyone reacts differently

• KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had good luck with it years ago, no weight gain, and am considering trying it again for my anxiety. I am so glad you posted this question. Thank you.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Any medication like that will take some getting used to, for your body. Things like nausea, sleeplessness, and brain fog can be pretty common and will peter out as your body adjusts to your dosage.

I'm on Zoloft, went from 50 to 100 mg.

I'll be honest, the most notable thing I've noticed as far as side effects... is I have no sex drive, and it's ridiculously difficult for me to climax. That might be TMI, but it is important-- and I know others who have experienced the same.

A common concern with medication always seems to be, "Will it make me gain weight?". My favorite Dr. from my youth debunked that for me pretty bluntly, telling me that medication won't make you fat-- food will. Something might make you crave more junk, or feel hungry, and you'll eat and that'll make you fat. But outside of maybe water retention/bloating, a medicine itself will not make you fat.