ANY CNA’S??

I’m a CNA, so obviously I am burning a lot of calories off every day. I’m looking for other CNA’S for motivation. When I end my shift, all I want to do is go home and sit down after running around all day long. I’m looking for others with the same profession as I have to do this with

Replies

• BrookeLynn18
    BrookeLynn18 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello,

I'm a CNA and also a nursing student. I understand the struggle! Why I decided to try and lose weight my senior year of nursing school I will never know, but I'm still trying to stick to it. My weeks are so variable. I work a 12 hour shift and come home exhausted. When I work, I don't worry about going to the gym unless I had to sit all day. I have a Fitbit to help me track activity, so I have a good idea on how active I really was. I think what I struggle with the most at work is eating. I work in a hospital and most days rarely have a "normal" schedule or times for breaks. I'm not hungry in the morning. I have a really hard time making myself eat breakfast at 5:30. So I typically just sip on my coffee and try to eat breakfast later. My last shift I literally didn't have the opportunity to eat anything until 1600. Not good. I still haven't figured out what to do about that. But if you have any ideas let me know :) I'm happy to have a fellow healthcare worker friend on here :)
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Hi there! I work as a patient care nurse assistant. Those 12 hour shifts can really get to you! I rotate day/nights the typical 7-7. I only work part time (usually 2 shifts per week) since the reason I have this job is so I can log patient care hours so my graduate school applications, but I still understand the struggle. I don't exercise on days I work because I'm constantly on my feet and running around the hospital. If I work day shift I wake up early enough to get a good breakfast in and then usually bring some fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, etc for a break time. Just some quick and easy foods. I'm home by 7:30-8pm so that's when I have my dinner and lounge around. If I'm on night shift I have a nice dinner before my shift and then bring snacks like I would for day shift and treat them as my "lunch". It's weird in the middle of the night haha. Then when I get home in the morning I have something small such as oatmeal or 2 eggs and then go to sleep for a few hours
  • ajonesy17
    ajonesy17 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey girl! I am not a cna but I work in law enforcement on 12 hrs shifts we <3 the nurses we work with!

Friend me if you want to do some accountability emails. I have decided to go back to doing intermittent fasting so only eating from 9am to 2 pm. None calorie beverages the other hours of the day. Plus working out at the gym at work after shift. Sending good vibes your way!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I an not a cna.. i do in home care for the elderly and one of my clients lives in the health center. I know cnas but their butts.. do people bring food all the time? i almost thought about going for a cna licence but the amount of work and temptations they deal with is a cpl reasons i decided against it.
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Hello!!!! I love CNA’s!!! I was one for years. I work as a RN 12 hr shifts. I’m constantly in the vending machine. Smh. I would love to friend some fellow health care workers.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    I was a CNA for 7 years before becoming an RN. I work busy 12 hour shifts at the state prison........ Anyone can add me, I stay pretty active....I lost 80 plus pounds on WW in 2010, Got married and gained 30 back...Ugh and here I am! lol
  • Destinyhope2017
    Destinyhope2017 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a CNA from Pennsylvania. Almost 4 weeks ago,I started a weight loss medication. I was sick 2 of those 4 weeks. Right now I'm working as a home health aide but haven't had much work as of late. I'm so frustrated,I just can't get my butt moving! I go tomorrow morning for my monthly no and weight check. I'm nervous! Just hoping I haven't gained any weight
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I'm not a CNA, but im a PA. I know it can be hard to deal with long shifts and crazy hours. The best thing is to bring food from home, a meal or two, healthy snacks, and avoid any break room treats. Also, drink tons of water. It is hard because then you have to run to the bathroom a lot.