Motivation to eat healthy

Options
What motivates you guys to eat? I’m trying to eat 1,200 calories a day but it’s so hard to eat a lot. I used to eat 1,500 calories but I was mostly eating junk greasy food, soda, fraps, etc. now that I’m cooking on my own and eating better food, it’s just not appetizing to me. I’m struggling to eat 500-800 a day.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way.........

Eating 500 calories a day is dangerous and unhealthy. Eating 500 calories a day will help you lose fat+existing lean muscle mass. You will lose weight, but your body fat % won't decrease as much as you hope.

OR

You can eat food you actually like. Maybe it's not perfectly "healthy".....whatever your current definition is. Meet the 1200 calorie DEFAULT minimum (before exercise) and become a healthier person. Food = fuel. Your body uses more than 500 calories while you SLEEP.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • WispyBlue
    WispyBlue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that list. And I’m not trying to eat “clean”, just healthier. I used to live off of instant noodles, chips, soda, and pizza. I’m just trying to include fruits and veggies in my diet. I’m just having a hard time transitioning from junk to food.
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I understand where youre coming from. Today I had a few unhealthy items but in very small portions. It can be frustrating recording these small items but at least I am not deprived and I know exactky what I have eaten. Try adding healthy cooking oils to your stir fry or baked meats to get additional calories to meet your 1200 per day. Fats are part of a healthy diet and are calorie dense. Hope this helps. Add me if you want some support on this matter bc I struggle too!!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Add spices. Get savory items. If you can, get raw veggies and fruits. The crisp and crunch goes a long way to food satisfaction. Add salsa to anything you can.... Baked potatoe, chicken, turkey burgers. Eggs are relish and pack a lot of protein and good nutrients. You can even add cheese and chives to scrambled eggs cause of low calories. Join a cooking class through Meet up.com