Switched from coffee to green tea!

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love green tea but I drink a lot of other teas also.

Black tea is my go to. I love the caffeine kick.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I should mention that I use a high grade Manuka honey so there is quite a big difference between that and white sugar.
    Actually, there’s no difference at all. Your body doesn’t know what “Manuka” is and doesn’t care how much you paid for that “high grade” honey. It sees simple carbs coming in, and it processes them just like it processes any other source of simple carbs.

If you think there is no difference between Manuka honey and white sugar that's too bad. It seems all you are looking at is carbs when there is so much more involved.

I am actually really wondering about this, what else is there that's involved that makes manuka honey a good choice? I personally like Blackstrap Molasses as a sweetener but that's because it has 20% calcium and 20% iron in a Tablespoon serving and also has potassium, so it's a little better nutritionally than other sweeteners I've found.
  • g_poleman
    g_poleman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This has to be a Troll post. Or else....
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I should mention that I use a high grade Manuka honey so there is quite a big difference between that and white sugar.
    Actually, there’s no difference at all. Your body doesn’t know what “Manuka” is and doesn’t care how much you paid for that “high grade” honey. It sees simple carbs coming in, and it processes them just like it processes any other source of simple carbs.

If you think there is no difference between Manuka honey and white sugar that's too bad. It seems all you are looking at is carbs when there is so much more involved.

I am actually really wondering about this, what else is there that's involved that makes manuka honey a good choice? I personally like Blackstrap Molasses as a sweetener but that's because it has 20% calcium and 20% iron in a Tablespoon serving and also has potassium, so it's a little better nutritionally than other sweeteners I've found.

It's down to the MGO.

May benefit infections but research is limited.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

It's down to the MGO.

May benefit infections but research is limited.

And isn't that usually when it's topically applied

Both that and internally for the likes of h pylori.

Little evidence to show that it can survive your stomach acid though.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Again, everyone is concentrating on one aspect or another of this switch and I look at it as a cumulative gain in variables. I didn't like what coffee the way I like it was doing for my health, personally. I feel I made the better choice. Whatever works for you. I love coffee but I made a change for my personal plan and I like what I see. Everyone should be more concerned with sticking to their plan for change and not knocking others.

Hey my question was honest and legit, I really want to know the studied benefits of Manuka honey over others. If they are proven and beneficial I might want to add it to my coffee......sorry I hate tea.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee for the safety of everyone else.

I add protein powder to my coffee as a way to try to reach my daily protein needs. If the rest of my diet changes and/or my macro needs change, I'll either switch to black coffee or start adding something with fat (such as cream)... depending on what macro-nutrient changes are needed. In addition to a necessary caffeine fix, I use coffee as a way to deliver the nutrients I lack in the rest of my diet. If I were otherwise reaching macronutrient needs, I would just drink it black.

Sometimes I drink green tea as a warm afternoon beverage, but I do not add any calories to it when I do.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee for the safety of everyone else.

I add protein powder to my coffee as a way to try to reach my daily protein needs. If the rest of my diet changes and/or my macro needs change, I'll either switch to black coffee or start adding something with fat (such as cream)... depending on what macro-nutrient changes are needed. In addition to a necessary caffeine fix, I use coffee as a way to deliver the nutrients I lack in the rest of my diet. If I were otherwise reaching macronutrient needs, I would just drink it black.

Sometimes I drink green tea as a warm afternoon beverage, but I do not add any calories to it when I do.

Protein powder in coffee, that is either the most disgusting combination ever, or absolutely brilliant.........either way I'm gonna try it ;)

You have to mix it well. I put it in a glass blender (glass because of the heat). Still, I will acknowledge that some protein powder usually settles before I drink it all. It usually takes about 1.5-2 hrs. to drink 30 oz. coffee and 1 scoop protein powder.
  • phlegmfatale1
    phlegmfatale1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    black coffee w/ cinnamon is my stuff. some soy milk if i'm out at a coffee shop and feeling wild. or a cappuccino.