feeling fat!

Options
I know I have lost inches but nothing in my closet fits me the right way and I look bloated. I want to buy new clothes but not until I lose like 10 or 15lbs. I have a pear shaped body and never wants to go anywhere because of my clothes. Advice????

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I say buy a couple of staples that fit well as cheaply as you can find them- trust me you are going to be much more committed if you feel better about yourself. And the first step to that is well fitting clothes.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    WOW my thoughts exactly!!!!! I m going through the same thing....I hate it.....but keep trying to motivate myself!!!

Its not easy being a pear shaped body....I feel the top of me keeps getting smaller...and my bottom half is just moving extra slow with losing inches.

I d like to hear peoples advice too!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Try shopping at a thrift store for a bit until you can reward yourself with the snazzy clothes?
  • newashley
    newashley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    AHH ME TOO!!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was a 16, I am now a 14, the SMALLEST I ever get is a 12. I am not buying an inbetween size when I am one size away from my smallest pear shaped size. I safety pinned along the seams and wear longer shirts, and I think it looks ok. But maybe I am just not picky
  • colleen656
    Options
    i always go with yoga pants. i buy them one size too small, they go on cause they are stretchy. then watch them get big on you. great motivation. used to wear 2XL, today i just bought a regular large!!!! saves you money also because you can wear them longer. also dresses without zippers or buttons do the same thing. it is the best way to judge your progress. good luck