Healthywage?? Motivation.

Options
Has anyone ever used the Healthywage website or app for motivation to lose weight?? Did it help? What are your opinions??

Replies

• beo2012
    beo2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just signed up to do a 10% loss in 6mo. The motivation for me isn't winning money, it is not loosing what I put in. Couldn't find any motivation this time, needed something. This is better then wasting money at a gym I wont use. Start 264.5, 26lb goal. Need 26lbs by May 08, 2017. The wife will kill me if I loose $600 bucks, talk about motivation!
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what the site was, but I did a quick search kinda reminds me of diet bet. I personally would never enroll in such a program, but to each their own.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have heard of diet bet, but not the other...I will look into it, seems like it could be a fun motivator...My opinion...if it helps motivate I'm all for it :)

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I did it twice. Everyone is different, but it only helped me short term.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be a part of a program where they could possibly lose hard earned money....
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be a part of a program where they could possibly lose hard earned money....

Edit: My previous post got deleted, so what I wrote made no sense.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I'd rather invest that $100 into a gym membership, a new pair a walking/running shoes, some cute (and inspiring) workout clothes, etc. Or maybe set aside $100 (and add $5 for each pound I lose) and have a tidy little sum of fun money to play with once I reach my goal.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    So I did one round of DietBet and it was a complete waste of time. It is only good for someone with a large 10% of weight to lose. Weight loss is non-linear, so you're at risk of losing over water weight. I think I placed the minimum bet and won. Because they take a cut and most people win, I ended up netting $4 at the end for a lot of unnecessary stress since I had fewer than 30 lbs to lose and was already in the normal weight range.
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They work for a lot of people. I wasn't one of them.
    I also don't have a lot of weight left to lose.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me that anybody would think this is a good idea.
  • chilangoblanco
    chilangoblanco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't think that Truly Raw Gourmet site looks very legitimate at all. It looks like a site that's just trying to sell some diet plans and supplements by bad mouthing others in the space.

I've actually seen some really great reviews by bloggers who have actually done their challenges. There are a bunch on their Facebook page. Plus, the company has an A+ rating with BBB. That means a lot to me.