Snacks.

Options
Juicer1974
Juicer1974 Posts: 4 Member
What's some of the best snacks? Quest bars?

Replies

• JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like the smartfood white cheddar low cal popcorn- 35 cals a cup, snackwells 100 calorie packs- fudge pretzel, and good old fashioned fruit. I'm trying to develop a taste for raw veggies too...
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I love 2% fat cottage cheese as a snack. Great way to get in extra protein. Same for Greek yogurt, usually a fat-free alternatively sweetened variety. Otherwise, I use fruit as a snack often - good way to get in more fiber.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Best as in; macro breakdown? satiety? low calorie/high volume?

For a nice overall snack with balanced macros, I like cheese and crackers or edamame.
    For low calorie/high volume I like air popped popcorn or wheat puffs.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Smartfood white cheddar popcorn is great. I love strawberry yogurt, buy a comical amount when I grocery shop, have at least two/day and will snag one if I want something sweet (tyically Oikos Triple Zero, or Yoplait 100, whichever is on sale). I used to keep raw almonds in my desk at work but I haven't been recently. I bought Quest bars for a while but think they're a little overrated for the price.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Home made popcorn, air popped in the microwave or stove and add what you like, I'm more of a savory person so I add herbs and spices and garlic salt etc plus I love carrot and cucumber sticks dipped into hummus, also baked /air popped potato chips, Jelly (think the US call it jello?) I make a packet up and it lasts me 3 - 4 days and it's very filling, Ice lollies and ice pops even in winter they are a tasty low calorie treat, trying to think what else.... anything in moderation really, my fella buys a big bag of doritos or something similar and measures it out and he makes it last him all week, it all depends on your preference really :smiley:
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pickles! Its what I go to when I have cravings for salty junk food during the day. If i need more calories Ill have hummus with vegetables. Depending on my calorie needs I might eat hummus with bread or crackers. Also, melon, berries, and bananas are great snacks when i want sweetness that is nutritious. Sometimes dark chocolate, because yolo.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I find the best snack is no snack. I feel more satisfied and satiated eating bigger meals less often.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on grapes- they're sweet and juicy and much better than the biscuits I'd turn to otherwise
  • treetalescreations
    Options
    Skinless apple slices with almond butter
  • joyily562
    joyily562 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    smoothie cups or a big bowl of mixed veggies with hot sauce (Have to have a serving of brussel sprouts in there- yum)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    pop corn; an apple or celery stalk with peanut butter; celery with cottage cheese; graham cracker (not the whole 4-part piece -- just 1 or 2) with a smear of cream cheese on them; a cup of full-fat hot milk with cocoa powder and cinnamon stirred; 1/4 c nuts; 1.75 oz hard cheese; celery and/or carrot sticks with 1/4 c hummus; a mixture of 1 T chopped walnuts, 1 T dark chocolate bits, 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes; 2 Tablespoons sunflower or pumpkin seeds; a piece of fruit or half a grapefruit; a couple of saltine crackers with a tablespoon tuna fish salad on each cracker; a slice of toast cut on the diagonal with a topping of a slice of turkey or smoked salmon or a slice of cheese with roasted tomato or pepper on top .... these are just off the top of my head. Any one makes a fine snack.

oh yeah ... a hard cooked egg ... either turned into egg salad, or a deviled egg, or simply sliced and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper ... and served on a cracker. ... and ... and ... oh my gosh, now I cannot stop thinking of more snacks I have known and loved. :) 1/4 avocado sliced thin and served on a wafer thin cracker. .... a couple of sardines mashed and stirred together with finely minced green onion and served atop thin radish or cucumber slices ... <3 .... a 1/2 cup beans, mashed and seasoned with some hot sauce and eaten as a dip with raw veggies. ... a piece of diagonally sliced french bread, toasted in a skillet and then topped with anything little tid bits you you have available to make a crostini. ...
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Apple and cheese. Nuts.