It was like a dream

Options
mizzmaami
mizzmaami Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Okay, yeah, don’t expect biggie lyrics to start poppin off!

2 1/2 years ago I had major success with weight loss and MFP. I somehow managed to lose 90 lbs! There was a fire inside me that kept me so motivated. I lived, dreamed, did everything weight loss. I had no intention of stopping... and then I got comfortable. I was happy with how I looked and felt that slowly I endulged more often. I was still a good 100 lbs overweight.

Fast forward to today, right now... I hate myself. I have gained all 90 lbs back. For the life of me I can’t find that fire, that push. No matter how much I hate my reflection I keep hurting myself with food. My worst enemy- sweets.

I prepaid a year at my gym. I even have childminding for an additional $70 dollars a month but do I go? No. My excuse is because my 4 month old always cries after 10 mins and they call me back. Maybe one day he will be happy to play without me. The first time I lost weight my husband was able to watch our newborn but now that he is building up his buisness he can’t watch our current newborn.

I just wish I never stopped trying. I regret it so much now. If it wasn’t for my old smaller clothes I wouldn’t even believe that I use to fit them.

Anyways thanks for reading my little pitty party. Maybe now that I’ve expressed some of my frustrations I’ll actually start doing what I need to do in order to change.

If anyone is in the same vote as me then feel free to add me. I would love to lose 150 lbs. I’m currently 340 and my first goal is to get under 300. My lowest adult weight was 252ish. I’m turning 26, married and mother of three boys.

Replies

• delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely with you on the getting comfortable part. I dropped 61 pounds 4 years ago and thought that I could ease up on the positive habits that I had started. Over time I gained the weight back and a few more pounds and ailments.

Past success was my best motivator. I know I have it in me. You do too! Like the previous person wrote, new life changes will require adjustments. I’ve been rolling out new changes slowly after I show myself a month of consistency. That allows me to build up. I changed my diet habits first, but didn’t log in MFP. Then is started a walk/run regimen six weeks later. After six more weeks, I rejoined MFP to start logging meals. I’ve only been consistent for a few days, but I’m already noticing a mindset shift.

You can do this. Actions must follow a decision. You’ve decided that you want change. Go get it!