50lbs and Counting, Success Progress!

Options
Photo taken exactly one year apart and 50lbs down. I am 5'4", started at 209lbs and currently at 158lbs.

So happy about my months of logging and staying accountable! Still have another 10lbs to go, but wanted to share this progress since these photos are a year apart. :)

I always hoped I would be close to where I am today, so this is a great reminder and motivator to stick with it!

1raejb.jpg

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done
  • shw112
    shw112 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    well done! You look amazing :)
  • JCM49
    JCM49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    great job, did you focus on calorie counting, exercise?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    JCM49 wrote: »

Yes I would like to know this too since I just figured out logging......you look awesome!
  • dsboohead
    Options
    ......plus your stats are pretty near to my own other than the fact I could be your mom!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...from cute to beautiful. Well done.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    JCM49 wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Yes I would like to know this too since I just figured out logging......you look awesome!

Thank you!! Sure! I have foused on calorie counting, walking, and cooking healthy meals with lots of vegetables. :) I love to cook so that was the easiest way for me to make a change that I could stick to. I portion everything out into servings as soon as it's ready, and have the leftovers for lunch. I walk to work and back, which is about 45 mins of leisurely walking a day, and bought a kettlebell in the last couple of months to help me start to tone. My knees and back prevent me from doing anything too strenuous or high impact.

Some YouTube healthy eating channels I would recommend that helped me with food ideas are MindOverMunch and The Domestic Geek. :)

Hope this helps y'all!
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Feels funny to share this, but also really exciting for me!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WOW! LOOKIN GOOD! KEEP IT UP!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    ...from cute to beautiful. Well done.

Second this!
  • dsboohead
    Options
    Remember you have alot to offer in advice and info.....your doin' it! I appreciate your experience!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job and thanks for the ideas- you are truly inspiring!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Stunning!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know you feel better and are more confident!
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • Darraghcameron
    Darraghcameron Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi well done you look fab, how many calories did you eat and excercise daily to achieve your goal?
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Our height and starting weight almost the same. I am 5'1" started at 201 and am currently 147
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Hi well done you look fab, how many calories did you eat and excercise daily to achieve your goal?

Thanks so much! I followed the suggested 1200 a day, and I eat back some of my exercise calories as well. So that can be a total of 1200-1400 calories/day.

I walk about 45 mins a day at a leisurely pace (2.5mi/hr).
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    You look fabulous. Our height and starting weight almost the same. I am 5'1" started at 201 and am currently 147

Aw thank you, and wow that's amazing, wonderful job!! It's nice when all the hard work pays off. :) Was there anything you did in particular as part of your plan/lifestyle? Always love hearing from others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!