On a mission to lose 100lbs...again.

Options
About six years ago I woke up one day and decided to get serious about getting healthy. In two years I'd lost close to 100lbs. Then life got in the way, I met my partner fell in love, got a new job and health was no longer the priority. Before I knew it I'd gained it all back. I've tried and failed to get back on track and gave up after a week way too many times. Now I'm comfortable in my new job, looking at starting a family it's time to put my health first again.

I'm gonna need all the support I can get, weightloss seemed so much easier when I could focus all my attention on it. This time I need to juggle which is the difficult bit and what I'm a total Newbie at. Feel free to add and I'll support with my previous experiences as well.
Lynds :)

Replies

• thunderztormdk
    thunderztormdk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Health should ALWAYS be your first priority. Over everything else. Otherwise you will be bouncing up and down again and again.

You need to make changes that are permanent. I know, that isn't easy at all, I'm still struggling at it after bouncing back up this year, but any change simply has to be permanent, otherwise it won't stick. That's how I see it now. Going to the gym 3xweek means I have to do SOME sort of exercise/training 3x a week for the rest of my life.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Not to be too pollyann-ish about it, but you lost all that weight once so you can definitely do it again. I'm sure you're discouraged, but giving up just can't be an option. Try to imagine what would happen if you did? Waking up a year from now having gained - what? - 50 lbs? 100 lbs? I think if you just start with changing one habit - maybe starting to log, no matter what you eat, or walking 10 mins - it might get the ball rolling again. I do believe there's such a thing as spiraling upward, as opposed to downward. Best of luck to you!
  • cashmama21
    cashmama21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Girl Im in your boat! Im going to send you a friends request and we can talk there in a message!! I have 90lbs to loose and I need someone to go on my journey with me!!
  • wittsabouther
    wittsabouther Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I’m all about supporting and motivating each other. Totally understand I gained a decent amount back to and now I have to undo all of it again.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • keepingitshannon04
    Options
    I need to lose 150lbs. I need all the help I can get. I cant