Day 1...AGAIN!

Options
It's Day 1 for the umpteenth time! Hopefully, I can stick with a healthy lifestyle for longer than a week! I'm going to try and become more active in the MFP community as added motivation. I'm currently 23, weighing in at a whopping 233 lbs. w/ a final goal weight of 145 lbs. Clearly, I have my work cut out for me. But as of right now, I'm just taking things day by day.

Feel free to add me, as I obviously could use the motivation and support from everyone! =]

Replies

• momma2twinsplus1
    Options
    Oh I understand. I'm 33 and weight 324 lbs. I have been diagnosed with diabetes and the hypertension is getting worse. I started about 1 1/2 months ago and was doing well and then I stopped. Of course all the weight that I lost came back with a vengeance and a friend or two.
  • Sirskot00
    Sirskot00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah. 290 here. I know Ive fallin off my share of diets. The support on this site looks promising.
  • BerkeleyMama
    Options
    Right there with you. But I have seen success, and I feel hopeful once again. I was able to drop more than 50 pounds a couple of years ago and reached a weight I hadn't been in 15 years. The past 8 months have been difficult and my weight crept right back up, so I am ready to take charge AGAIN!
  • 1Kimbeelina
    Options
    yes me too ..day one again but good accurate weighing scales so now more reality:) yes plse add me :)
  • LanceDev
    Options
    im only 12 and i weigh 170 ive been doing this about two weeks and ive lost 4 pounds i hope u can stick with it this time for 'the umpteenth time' :D good luck
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I checked your profile and see that you haven't completed it yet. That should be your first step. Getting yourself mentally prepared for a healthier lifestyle is SUPER important. You HAVE TO write down the reasons you want to lose weight and get healthier. You HAVE TO write down your goals. After that, you should review that each and every day...and, whenever nasty cravings start threatening to interfere with those goals.

Losing weight is a journey...and there is no overnight magic to make it happen. Therefore, you have to be mentally strong throughout the journey. Committing reasons and goals to paper, and reviewing them daily, will help you with the mental aspect of the journey.

Good luck and stick with it.
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    I certainly hear you!!!!! I've done that so many times, it's not funny. Currently struggling to find the motivation to exercise on a regular basis, so I can get this done once & for all. If you need friends, feel free to add me.
  • pursuitOFhappiness11
    Options
    I checked your profile and see that you haven't completed it yet. That should be your first step. Getting yourself mentally prepared for a healthier lifestyle is SUPER important. You HAVE TO write down the reasons you want to lose weight and get healthier. You HAVE TO write down your goals. After that, you should review that each and every day...and, whenever nasty cravings start threatening to interfere with those goals.

Losing weight is a journey...and there is no overnight magic to make it happen. Therefore, you have to be mentally strong throughout the journey. Committing reasons and goals to paper, and reviewing them daily, will help you with the mental aspect of the journey.

Good luck and stick with it.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely need to build up my strength mentally, probably more so than physically. I can accomplish a good workout with the best of 'em; it's the motivation to get my butt to the gym that always sets me back. So thanks for the advice, I truly appreciate it.

*profile completed =]