Wii? Scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I use the wii and it is a lot more reliable, IMO. My digital scale -- I'll get off and on 3 times and get 3 different weights that aren't even close to each other.

And yeah, real sick of hearing "THATS OVERWEIGHT". I KNOW, dude. That's why I'm standing on this infernal piece of plastic.
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you have something that is substantially heavy and you definitely know its weight (for example a 25lb dumbell), way it on both the scale and the Wii Fit. Whichever ever one gives you the correct weight of the object is probably your more reliable option.

O I like that Idea I should find me a weight :P
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii scale on the original wii fit! Used it from the start and I know my scales are wrong as I have been the same weight on it for a year lol.
  • DanNoonan
    DanNoonan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a good sized weight handy, you may want to try and find a package of some product, like a bag of soil or what not, as long as it has the total weight printed on the packaging it should get the job done.

And I just reread my post and just realized I used way instead of weight and said whichever ever. I am now hanging my head in shame...
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think the Wii Balance Board is pretty accurate as long as it's on a level, hard floor. It re-calibrates every time you turn it on (that whole "Starting up......... Step on!" thing). Be careful about choosing your "clothing weight," too. The lowest you can choose is 2lbs for clothing, and I seriously doubt my sports bra and running shorts weight 2lbs, haha.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Okay So Ill go with my scale. Im thinking maybe buy a new one lol. Wii scale was on carpet and and the scale is on my basement floor which is .... no idea how to spell it... its not tile,carpet or wood.. thats that other stuff. lol

My Wii scale was off when on the carpet. If you can move it to the kitchen or bathroom floor whatevers in range it'll read the accurate weight.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I think the Wii Balance Board is pretty accurate as long as it's on a level, hard floor. It re-calibrates every time you turn it on (that whole "Starting up......... Step on!" thing). Be careful about choosing your "clothing weight," too. The lowest you can choose is 2lbs for clothing, and I seriously doubt my sports bra and running shorts weight 2lbs, haha.
    Actually you can create a custom weight for your clothing, too. :P BUT your bra and shorts probably don't weigh one pound..which is the lowest setting.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit just because it is the only scale I have. As someone else said, just use the same one consistently. One thing I hate though is that the little creep always feels the need to announce "That's obese!" every time he weighs me. How rude! ;)

LMAO...same here! 33 lbs until it tells me I'm overweight instead of Obese though :D
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just tried using my 3lb weight on the wii and it was accurate! I already weighed myself so then I did a body test again and it said I had gained 3lbs and that's on carpet so I'm pretty happy with that!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Lol my scales can make me drop over 2 stone depending where on the floor in my bathroom it is (very uneven flooring). I have to find the right spot for it to register correctly.
    However, my Wii Balance board, I never trusted it, but it was all I had
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who have said it doesn't matter which you use.

So long as you pick one or the other - and stick to it - then it is an accurate record of your weight and your loss. (Sounds like the wii is a better option for you than the scale if yours varies that much!)

I use the wii to weigh in...

The Wii says I am one weight - my scale usually says I am around 1.5kg heavier - but when I get weighed at the nurses office, I usually weigh 0.5kg lighter than the wii - so I thought the wii was the most "true to life" if we're going on the basis that the nurse should have "professional" scales!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter which you use, as long as you use the same one consistently. I don't have a scale, so I use the Wii balance board. It reads lower than my doctor's office scale, but I'm at the doctor so rarely that I just disregard those weigh-ins. The actual number is not as important as seeing the trends between weigh-ins.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use both, but I take the scale's results as my "true" weight. With the Wii, it's usually off based on how heavy I say my clothes are. I also weigh myself in the morning first thing, but I get on the Wii in the afternoon, so there's that difference as well. I think it depends on where each is located and what times you use them.