HELLO from Canada

Options
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Michelle, I'm 26 (27 in a few months...eesh), 5'9", and 185 lbs. My goal weight is 140 lbs (was that weight about 3 years ago and hope to get back). Basically after finishing school, starting to work afternoons at the hospital, breaking up with my bf of 8 years, getting my own place, and starting up a new relationship (in which the guy makes me feel really comfortable w/my body even with the pudge) I gained about 30 lbs in 3 months, and before that, over a period of about 2 years, the other 15 crept up on me. I really don't have any routine in my life (which is good and bad I suppose), so it's hard to really follow healthy eating on a schedule and exercise, but I'm trying!

My original weight was 195 lbs, but weight watchers got me down to 179....then I stopped going after 4 months and I've gained a few back. I've decided to try and keep some of the eat smart principles of WW, but I don't want to track points, and the core plan just isn't flexible enough for me. I'm hoping to use myfitnesspal as a journal to present to my personal trainer every week.

Other stuff about me: basically I'm obsessed with animals. I have 2 cats, a chihuahua, 2 guinea pigs, a snake, a crested gecko, 2 goldfish, and 3 parrots in my 1 bedroom apartment (not as crowded or stinky as it sounds...I keep everything pretty clean...but if I got more, I'm sure it would hit the point where it felt crowded). I also have another cat and two more parrots at my parent's house, and my step-pets (boyfriend's pets) include a toy cockapoo, another cat, and 2 lovebirds. My boyfriend and I hope to be a home to many rescued cats, dogs, and birds (some of our pets right now are rescues), when we finally establish ourselves in our careers (I still have to get a masters degree before I start raking in the big bucks).

Anyway, enough boring stuff about me. Thanks for reading and for welcoming me into your community!

Replies

• cheli
    cheli Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Michelle, I'm 26 (27 in a few months...eesh), 5'9", and 185 lbs. My goal weight is 140 lbs (was that weight about 3 years ago and hope to get back). Basically after finishing school, starting to work afternoons at the hospital, breaking up with my bf of 8 years, getting my own place, and starting up a new relationship (in which the guy makes me feel really comfortable w/my body even with the pudge) I gained about 30 lbs in 3 months, and before that, over a period of about 2 years, the other 15 crept up on me. I really don't have any routine in my life (which is good and bad I suppose), so it's hard to really follow healthy eating on a schedule and exercise, but I'm trying!

My original weight was 195 lbs, but weight watchers got me down to 179....then I stopped going after 4 months and I've gained a few back. I've decided to try and keep some of the eat smart principles of WW, but I don't want to track points, and the core plan just isn't flexible enough for me. I'm hoping to use myfitnesspal as a journal to present to my personal trainer every week.

Other stuff about me: basically I'm obsessed with animals. I have 2 cats, a chihuahua, 2 guinea pigs, a snake, a crested gecko, 2 goldfish, and 3 parrots in my 1 bedroom apartment (not as crowded or stinky as it sounds...I keep everything pretty clean...but if I got more, I'm sure it would hit the point where it felt crowded). I also have another cat and two more parrots at my parent's house, and my step-pets (boyfriend's pets) include a toy cockapoo, another cat, and 2 lovebirds. My boyfriend and I hope to be a home to many rescued cats, dogs, and birds (some of our pets right now are rescues), when we finally establish ourselves in our careers (I still have to get a masters degree before I start raking in the big bucks).

Anyway, enough boring stuff about me. Thanks for reading and for welcoming me into your community!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    hello canada, this is also canada (s/w ontario woot woot!!!!)
  • cbuchinski
    Options
    Hello Michelle, welcome from a fellow Canadian.......I know you will love this site as much as I do.....It has been wonderful for me, I am new as of mid January.

So once again, Welcome to MFP.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hello from the east coast. Practically tropical here today, about +5, but it won't last :laugh:

There are some really informative posts on here you should check out the posts for newbies, things you didn't know you didn't know :happy:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    hey from Ottawa :)

welcome :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, this is a great site. It is so supportive, motivational and helpful. I love it here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • cheli
    cheli Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello from the east coast. Practically tropical here today, about +5, but it won't last :laugh:

LMAO....same here...in the "Florida" of Canada...I've heard it's warm out today...wouldn't really know cuz I've been at work since 7 am (before the sun rose :S). My boyfriend called to say he was drying his car (after washing it obviously) and said that it is so warm and sunny outside....grr....only 30 more minutes and I'm outta here...down go the windows and the sunroof :) So sad that we think +5 is warm!

To everyone else...thanks so much for the warm welcome! Getting good vibes already :heart:
  • Footprintz
    Options
    Hello and welcome from Northern Ontario. You're going to love this site. Good luck!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Welcome and hello fellow Canadian. I'm from Ontario. You'll love MFP.Good luck on your weight loss journey. Seee you on the boards. :happy:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Calgary!!! Best of luck on your loss!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Mississauga...lots of Canucks here!
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Welcome Cheli ... I'm from Vancouver.
    Good luck with reaching your goals , check in here often and good things will happen!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi from Winnipeg!:flowerforyou: