Help! Butt Stuff lol

Options
Help! I don't want to lose my butt (yes I'm serious) in the process of exercising and losing weight. What are some good extercises for glutes to shape and you know keep?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look into strength training as you lose to preserve as much muscle as you can. I recommend Strong Curves which focuses on the glutes
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    +1
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    stairmaster will help you lose weight and help you keep the butt lifted and tone. I recommend that. And squat with weights every day. Sumo squats are my fave because it works inner thighs too.
  • kschildroth
    kschildroth Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    hip thrusts, lunges, back extension, bulgarian split squat, straight-leg deadlift, kettlebell swing, hip abduction
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Walking Barbell Lunges - Both Front Rack And Back Rack
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    real stairs, and heavy squats. bootyful results over the long term.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts with a barbell minimum of 4 sets on ANY exercise you do... walking lunges... squats... and more squats... stationary bike... high resistance high cadence... ever seen a cyclist without high end glutes? It’s gonna hurt... but as the saying goes... no one said it was going to be easy, butt it will be worth it... there’s a young woman at the gym I attend... shoulders on a bench and she kicks it on the hip thrusts with 310 lbs... 4 sets of 10... before she hits the stepper for 1/2 hour...just part of her evening routine every other day...how bad do you want it? How hard would you work to keep it?