fit for the new year 2012!

Options
I have recently started exercising and dieting. I weigh 196.2 lbs and plan to lose 63 lbs. The aim is to reach that by 31st december 2011 so i can start my new year looking as fab as I feel~! Anyone care to join this group? We could record our weigh ins every monday...you know the drilll! Please post if interested! :)

UPDATE: Everyday or as convenient to us, we could post in some fitness suggestions for everyone to see!

To make it as simple as possible, Everyone posts their updates every monday, and by the end of that day, I shall post to announce who is the most successful of all of us for the week.

Basic template to fill out every week would be :

starting weight:
current weight:
weight loss since last week:
things I did wrong:
Things I did right that everyone else could try:
What treats i treated my body with this week for being so awesome this week! :

what does everyone think? any suggestions?

UPDATE#2 We shall also have like a tiny mini challenge sometimes! :) Please give ideas of a mini challenge, that has to do with either an excercising target for this week, or a food and diet related challenge! I shall post Minichallenge for week 1 as soon as we find a good suggestion!

Replies

• AnaBananaChan
    Options
    I would be willing!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I'll bite =)

I have about 24lbs that I want to lose by Christmas to get to my goal weight. I started out at 230 and would like to see 150.0 =)
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I am interested. I have the exact same weight loss goal as you! What do I need to do?
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested also, anything for more motivation!
  • miasmom08
    Options
    Me, me, me!!! I would like to join please!!!
  • ashleyrsalter
    Options
    Hi, I'm in. I always weigh in on Mondays so this will be an added amount of accountability... which I need. My goal is to feel better about myself mainly. I figure the weight will help this. However, exercising and eating better is how I plan to accomplish my goal. I have lost 16lbs. thus far but want to lose a total of 48lbs.

7677478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW: 178
    CW: 162
    GW: 130

"Time to feel BETTER!!"
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    Perfect! So Lets all decide on a fixed maximum calorie intake per day and we probably even decide a MINIMUM workout plan. And Everyday or as convenient to us, we could post in some fitness suggestions for everyone to see!

To make it as simple as possible, Everyone posts their updates every monday, and by the end of that day, I shall post to announce who is the most successful of all of us for the week.

Basic template to fill out every week would be :

starting weight:
    current weight:
    weight loss since last week:
    things I did wrong:
    Things I did right that everyone else could try:
    What treats i treated my body with this week for being so awesome this week! :

what does everyone think? any suggestions?
  • ashleyrsalter
    Options
    I like it!!
  • drk_diva
    drk_diva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Great motivation!!
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    great! let the games begin then! All the best :) x
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have recently started exercising and dieting. I weigh 196.2 lbs and plan to lose 63 lbs. The aim is to reach that by 31st december 2011 so i can start my new year looking as fab as I feel~! Anyone care to join this group? We could record our weigh ins every monday...you know the drilll! Please post if interested! :)

I dont mean to burst yoru bubble, or be negative and say you absolutely cant do, but I just want you to be aware of the information. Losing 63lbs for a person thats say, 300lbs, is not a problem in 5 months with a bit of solid dedication... but for a person who is only 200lbs, losing that amount of weight, especially the last 30lbs, is the hardest part to lose, and could take double the amount of time to lose the second 30lbs as it did compared to the first. Getting your entire goal in 5months is a bit ambitious I feel. I am currently 262lbs, and I plan to be within 200 to 220 lbs by december 31st. Thats anywhere from 42 to 62lbs lost... now for me, being bigger, that is sustainable/possible... Ive lost my first 52lbs in 5months, and you lose faster at first then you do later on, but since ill still be obese by dec 31, its still realistic for me to choose the same weight loss. But for me to get from my dec 31st goal to my goal weight, of 170, Im allowing myself 6months for at little as 30lbs...

The reason it takes longer, is because your calories are 1200; this is on the border of starvation mode, so you plateau alot easier. Thats the smallest reason, the main reason being that when you weigh less, you burn less calories.. so when your 200lbs, youll burn double the calories you would when your near your goal weight..therefore the hour of excercise you did at the beginning, would then need to be double the time (2hours) just for the same workout...

Im not trying to say you absolutely cant do it, I just dont want to see you disappointed when your only losing 5 to 10lbs a month, instead of 12.6 (2lbs a week is a healthy way to lose weight and not be left with alot of skin... to fast and your more likely to gain fat back, as well as have excess skin, etc). I started here at 313.5, and my average to date is 10.4lbs a month, and i havent had one day off or cheat day in 150days. Ive also been plateaued half of my time here (Around 75days), so that is one thing you definetely cant predict. again, me being over 300lbs will lose faster than you at under 200lbs.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Perfect! So Lets all decide on a fixed maximum calorie intake per day and we probably even decide a MINIMUM workout plan.

MFP already gives you a fixed maximum calorie intake and adjusts as you lose weight... so i hope you wont be having some set number thats the same for everyone, because someone who is 300lbs is allowed around1800 calories, and someone who is 200 lbs is allowed around 1200... eating 1200 or less is considered starvation mode, and if you dont eat enough, and dont eat excercise calories back, then watch out for evil starvation mode.
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    UPDATE#2 We shall also have like a tiny mini challenge sometimes! :) Please give ideas of a mini challenge, that has to do with either an excercising target for this week, or a food and diet related challenge! I shall post Minichallenge for week 1 as soon as we find a good suggestion!
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the awesome advice! :) I feel like you're absolutely right. But theres something really odd that goes on with me, I look thinner than my weight would suggest! So my basic aim is to get to a particular 'size' rather than weight. So even if i dont reach that weight, i wouldnt be too arsed, as i used to be skinny at 12ish and still weighed about 10 kgs more than all the other students in my year :S
  • AnaBananaChan
    Options
    MiniChallenge: jog a mile, walk/jog/run 3 by the end of a week, 50 leg-raises, no carbs one day, no candy sugars? all in addition to what we would normally do anyways.
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    Can any of you tell me how to make a 'group' for all of us? Im a bit lost :|
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Perfect! So Lets all decide on a fixed maximum calorie intake per day and we probably even decide a MINIMUM workout plan.

MFP already gives you a fixed maximum calorie intake and adjusts as you lose weight... so i hope you wont be having some set number thats the same for everyone, because someone who is 300lbs is allowed around1800 calories, and someone who is 200 lbs is allowed around 1200... eating 1200 or less is considered starvation mode, and if you dont eat enough, and dont eat excercise calories back, then watch out for evil starvation mode.
    This. I'm all for the competition and extra motivation, but I have my own diet that I'm following that has set calories that change every so often to keep my metabolism high.
  • hellsyeah
    Options

This. I'm all for the competition and extra motivation, but I have my own diet that I'm following that has set calories that change every so often to keep my metabolism high.

yep i agree! Everybody just works their own parameters! :) I've deleted that advice from the original post, cos i realised it wasnt correct. thanks :)
  • drk_diva
    drk_diva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How about weekend challenges also where we report back on Monday's?
    Weekends are the hardest for me. I'm not sure why, but I seem to be more motivated & focused during the week (as far as food choices & exercising) and struggle a bit on the weekends.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Can any of you tell me how to make a 'group' for all of us? Im a bit lost :|

I don't know how to make a group on here. It might be easier to make a private group on facebook, this is just a suggestion. It might be easier to access than to have to search through all the threads everyday. I am not sure how it works on here, unless someone knows an easier way on MFP.