365 day streak as of today.

Options
Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
I've been at this for a while now, multiple years.

The first time I posted on the success stories board, I was celebrating one year of logging on MFP

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10560320/one-year-of-using-myfitnesspal-as-of-today-trigger-warning-flexing-chubby-guy-in-underwear

This time it's different, I'm celebrating 365 consecutive logins. My fitness has not improved much since my last post regrettably, but much of my mindset has. In the past 365 logins I've

- Stopped expecting so much of myself. If I don't look like a fitness model by X day, it's not the end of the world

- Scale numbers are just numbers. I weigh much more than I did in my last success story post, but am wearing smaller clothes. Currently around 210lbs wearing a size medium tshirt and 34" waist pants at 6' tall and 37 years old.

- I don't log food and exercise unless I need to figure out if what I'm eating is sane or not. Otherwise over the long term I've adopted lighter and (hopefully) healthier eating patterns

Lately I mainly come to MFP for the comraderie of my MFP fam, and to post on discussion boards a bit, and to watch everyone else's journey too. I still hope that one day I will come here to post about super low body fat and abs, but if it takes another year or two I'm okay with that. At some point you begin to realize that it's about the long haul and the destination, not so much the rush to get there.

Stay toasty friends!

Replies

• queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's such a great accomplishment! Way to stick with it!
  • luce_de_luce
    luce_de_luce Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I rarely post anything here but I have to say I’m proud of you! I remember some of your older posts had me feeling concerned for your well-being and you sound like you’ve reached a much healthier mindset. I’m sure you will reach your goals. I’m so happy for you!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats tomorrow is my 1 consecutive year
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!