What is your favorite very low calorie food?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Roasted seaweed
    Broccoli
    Eggplant
    Homemade refrigerator pickles
    Tea
    Dark chocolate. At 50-75 calories a square, it’s pretty low calorie.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    I love spicy pickles ^_^ 5 calories a spear.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Carrots,hoummus,sweet red peppers,Aeoro mousse (90 cal I keep it in a freezer and it tastes like chocolate ice cream),Alpen bars ,Sugar free jelly I mix it with 200 ml boiling water,cool down then mix with a yogurt and let it set (yummy and low cal).
  • mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Honey Carmel frozen greek yogurt bars with probiotics! Good for you, low calorie and taste amazing! its my substitute from ice cream which is a really big deal to me!
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Cucumbers
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Aubergine,
    pickled cucumbers.
    Tomatoes
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    1 - Claussen pickles
    2 - Unsweetened almond milk with three drops of root beer flavor and three packets of zero calorie sweetener.

I'd also toss coffee in there, but I add coconut oil and Kerigold unsalted butter along with 0 calorie sweetener, so it's got 83 calories in a 22 oz cup. Not sure if the way I drink it now counts as low calorie.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Mine is raspberries.

Raspberries and fat free Cool Whip
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Salad greens, fish, eggs, beans, oatmeal, tea, coffee, almond and cashew milk, Greek yogurt
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Pickles, shrimp, cherry tomatoes on their own.

For a low-cal meal, I've been making a lot with stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, pea-pods), mushrooms, add sweet cherry tomatoes at the end so they don't get too cooked and lose their flavor. This adds a lot of very low calorie bulk to a meal. Add in chicken and crumbled turkey sausage for relatively low calorie protein, real bacon bits and a little bit of lite Alfredo sauce and grated cheese for extra flavor.
  • squatsnotsquat
    squatsnotsquat Posts: 29 Member
    shirataki noodles are so cool! it's like pasta but no calories.
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Raspberries, spinach, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, broccoli, Brussel sprouts. Too many to count!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I guess cucumbers? Icy cold cucumbers sliced into spears and sprinkled with pepper.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    At the moment, roast parsnips :)
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    For convenience just discovered marks and Spencer’s lamb curry with rice, the healthy life version. Really good and one of the few convenience food ranges that I like...
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Dill pickles or pickled cauliflower
  • nickbullett
    nickbullett Posts: 44 Member
    Cucumber, grape tomatoe, bell pepper, 5 cal zesty italian dressing salad that my wife can't stand anymore.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have easy yummy veggie soup in crock pot right now. . 1 cup of bobs red mill vegi soup mix, 32 oz vegetable broth and a can of salt free peas and carrots. . and a bay leaf. will add some hot sauce to mine later. . husband cant eat it.
    eta. . added half a packet of mccormick grill mates veggie marinade mix to it. forgot i had it.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    toxikon wrote: »
    There's this salad I've been making lately that is sooooo good and low-cal.

It's basically: thin-sliced cucumber, diced fresh jalapeno, shredded carrot and green onion tossed in a bit of rice wine vinegar, sweet chili thai sauce and a little Sriracha.

This sounds rather delicious.