I'm looking for some female fitness model friends as inspiration

Options
I want to see what you eat to maintain your physique. I am doing something called "The Hardbody Challenge" where I will get my money back if I lose 5% body fat in 6 weeks. They tell us what to eat, but I don't think it's healthy and I want to also see how to maintain the results. I used to be on this site last year and had to delete my account because I collected up so many friends that it was hard to follow everyone and give everyone the encouragement they were seeking. I was spending hours a day on this site just to keep up with it all. So, I'm doing it differently this time, to collect friends who are so busy with their own lives that they don't have time to spend hours on here or get upset if others aren't giving them encouragement - Looking for people like me who are using this mainly as a tool to track food and progress.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you were able to look at 100 fitness models/competitors diets you would find they all eat a bit different. The basics would be lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Beyond that they're going to eat in whatever way fits their personal tastes. Your best bet is to really find what works for you.
  • shanda_panda
    shanda_panda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I somehow never even knew I got any reply on that question I asked over a year ago. I had just now gone into the "community" to try to find a post about November challenges and decided to see if it was in the "my discussions" tab and then saw your reply. Thank you!! You're the only person out of thousands or millions here who bothered with me and I appreciate that kindly! Your transformation in your photos is SO awesome and inspiring.
  • Barrera1010
    Barrera1010 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eat 1,500 calories a day.
    40% protein
    40% carbs
    20% fat
  • shanda_panda
    Options
    i've researched macro percentages and calorie #s till I'm burned out and not sure which to pick what to do. I'd just like to find someone who follows macros and calories to see exactly what they pick to eat to get to those percentages. I've started looking at a trainer called Lazar Angelov to see what he eats - he charges for a menu plan, but I'm going to see if I can figure something out w/out paying for a plan yet
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi I like ur idea. I'd love to see diaries from people who are getting it right.

Im 125lbs now having lost 48. I just do my own thing dietwise but I'll send u a friend request if u like.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat 1,500 calories a day.
    40% protein
    40% carbs
    20% fat

The OP has given no stats... And there is no one "correct" macro breakdown. Not sure how you can just spit out numbers with no info!

OP - get a calorie recommendation for your goal.
    There is a thread on setting macros, but personally I'd set protein (0.8g per lb body weight) and fat (0.35-0.45g per lb I think). See these as minimums. Whatever calories are left can be used for more protein, more fat, or carbs - do whatever satiates and satisfies you.

You can literally eat what you like. You dont need to pay for a diet plan - you have mfp to create your own personal diet plan including foods you like, in the number of meals you like, that you can change when you like.
  • shanda_panda
    Options
    just simple - something like this. Thank you Jamie! l386t4cnnth8.jpg
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm with @livingleanlivingclean .. while I'm not a competitor or fitness model, I have achieved a certain look by first eating enough for my goals (weight loss, maintenance, gain etc), then focusing on my macros (adequate protein, and fats then rest carbs).. and to get there I eat mostly nutrient dense foods with other things sprinkled in. I am also more lenient on weekends... with big family dinners, date nights and events.

That Jamie Eason plan is alright, a bit boring (at least for me).. maybe fine for a short term. But it would get old fast.

What do you like to eat? Start there.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    just simple - something like this. Thank you Jamie! l386t4cnnth8.jpg

That all sounds bland and boring to me, and lacking in fat (although there are no amounts or recipes given so who knows how many calories or how the food is prepared)... There's also way too many meals for my life! (plus the rubbish about clean choices and low calories?)

Why not just put food you like in to MFP?
  • shanda_panda
    Options
    I've been going with what I like to eat for a few years - that is how I gained 16 lbs in only 2 years. I'm done with that and really need to get serious if I want to lose weight. I found a healthier plan than Jamie's - even more boring though - but I think that's how the fit look as good as they do.
  • calaurith
    calaurith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What I started doing is incorporating wayyyy more veggies into my diet (actually vegetarian but I realize it's not for everyone). You can eat enormous portions and take in very few calories. Not to mention the heinous amounts of nutrients you get.
    It's ok if eating is boring, let other things excite you :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I've been going with what I like to eat for a few years - that is how I gained 16 lbs in only 2 years. I'm done with that and really need to get serious if I want to lose weight. I found a healthier plan than Jamie's - even more boring though - but I think that's how the fit look as good as they do.

You gained weight because you ate too much. Eating "food you like" doesn't mean eating in excess, or always eating extravagantly, or eating all calorie dense, nutrient poor foods. It means choosing foods you enjoy and eating those in portions to fit your goals. For me, that includes mountains of vegetables most days, with proteins and good fats. Something sweet for dessert is always included. Many days involve pancakes, other days there's burgers, pizza etc

Life is too short for boring food. If that's what it took to "look fit", I wouldn't look fit or want to look fit.