How to get myself to drink more water?

Options
This may seem stupid and you could just say drink more water or whatever. But to me, even though water doesn’t have a taste, my eyes water every time I drink it, and it leaves a weird feeling in my throat. ??? I honestly don’t know why. But besides that, I know it’s super healthy obviously and all that and I’m working on becoming healthier. I’ve tried bringing water bottles to classes, but I end up only sipping a little bit of it and then just lugging it everywhere.

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The one time I cannot help but to drink more water is when I go to the gym and exercise.

The rule is the more your pee is yellow the more you should be drinking water. Back in August I probably had not drank enough water. I was out walking with family and stopped to pee and started to feel strange. Before I could even let them know something was wrong I passed out. The bad was my face hit the pavement and broke my two front teeth and put them thru my bottom lip. Had to have one tooth pulled and now I have a crown bridge which cost about $2000. So drinking that water is cheaper.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Try sparkling water or flavor additives
  • Gordie43
    Gordie43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I, too, detested drinking plain water! My solution: I drink 4 bottles of Nestles 'Splash', per day. It's fruit flavored, non-carbonated and available in 16 ounce plastic bottles. There are several flavors so it never gets boring.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Do you get that with other drinks ? If not, I'd just drink them! Better the liquid you will drink than lugging around water you won't...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light packets? There are a lot of flavors.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding lemon to the water? Maybe that'd help. I love the "taste" of water, but when I'm at a restaurant, I have them add lemon to it.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I would use a filter and add ice (also from filtered water). At home I put my water and ice in one of those reusable insulated cups with the lid & straw. End up sucking down all the water without even noticing.

Your symptoms sound like there is something in the water you're drinking. Have your water tested. You might also need a water softener.
  • elizabethdzenitis
    elizabethdzenitis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    I would use a filter and add ice (also from filtered water). At home I put my water and ice in one of those reusable insulated cups with the lid & straw. End up sucking down all the water without even noticing.

Your symptoms sound like there is something in the water you're drinking. Have your water tested. You might also need a water softener.

I live in Kentucky, which is apparently one of the best places in the US for clean drinking water but still I hate it lol
  • elizabethdzenitis
    elizabethdzenitis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    Do the research on your cities drinking water. Here is an article from a city in KY. Are you near there? http://appvoices.org/2016/05/06/drinking-water-problems-plague-eastern-kentucky/ Try bottled water, you might just like it!

Nah I’m in Louisville, the city. I mean it doesn’t make me sick or anything like when I went to China lol it’s just that every type of water whether it’s bottled, tap, etc I don’t like it.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Carry a camelback all the time?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Do you get that with other drinks ? If not, I'd just drink them! Better the liquid you will drink than lugging around water you won't...

^This. If your pee is light, you are already getting plenty of water. If it's not, try increasing other no or low cal drinks or watery foods to make up the difference.