plateau!

Options
Here's that plateau again. Every time I try to lose weight, I hit the majic 8 lb mark and plateau. I am not quiting. I am not quiting. I am not quiting! (Does this happen to anyone else?) :ohwell:

Replies

• vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! It's so frustrating, weight loss has slowed right down and I feel like I'm going nowhere, but I'm not quitting :noway:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Don't quit!! Yes, it happens to a lot of people.
  • sio2yd
    sio2yd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it has happened so many annoying... but u work through it.
  • Victorian131
    Options
    I hear ya! I always get down to the same weight and stop...a 155lbs plateau...trying everything I can to beat it (upped my calories/water for 2 weeks, done a different workout every day, only worked out 4 times a week, varies my calorie intake day to day...nothing is budging it. I still have 10lbs to go before I'm in the top range of 'healthy weight'. I refuse to give up this time, I'll just keep losing and gaining the same lb til my body decides to stop fighting me!
    Good luck breaking your plateau...and most importantly, don't give up!
    Vic x
  • TerriVail
    Options
    Yes, I'm in a wellness challenge and worked my butt off last week and only lost .6 - Wow. I turned it around and looked at as I hit 20 pounds and didn't give up. I did my walking and running up and down steps. Hang in there, we will get through this:)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone.....my first 20 pounds came off super easy and i remember someone telling me to enjoy and remember how i felt at that point because eventually the losses would slow down and she didn't want me to get frustrated but to remember how it felt...and i must say i have hit several plateaus and eventually they do pass...it sucks when it happens but it is O so sweet when it passes!!!! Try to change things up a little and see what that does for you!
  • avahsmiles4me
    avahsmiles4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If your body is anything like mine, it'll need a month or two to get used to the food restrictions and low calorie (or whatever your diet of choice may be) plan. For me, real fat burning seems to kick in to full gear in 6-8 weeks.

Best of Luck!
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Weight loss becomes more difficult when you've lost 10% of your weight, although not impossible. You simply re-evaluate things; can you add more workouts or perhaps just up the intensity of them. Plyometrics and HIIT are really big right now and for a good reason, they work. Take a look at your caloric intake...are you getting enough or too much? How are your portion sizes? It can be as easy as cutting your portions a bit more and ramping up your burn. How is your protein intake? Sometimes increasing your protein helps also....have you ever tried a fatburner? I used OxyElite Pro in the beginning and that assisted with me losing 36 lbs. Consult with your physician if you have high or low blood pressure or if you're on MAOI or SSRI medications.

Keep going! You'll bust threw it!
  • brittanysingel
    Options
    I was stuck at the same weight for 5 weeks, don't worry, just be patient :)
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I always get down to the same weight and stop...a 155lbs plateau...trying everything I can to beat it (upped my calories/water for 2 weeks, done a different workout every day, only worked out 4 times a week, varies my calorie intake day to day...nothing is budging it. I still have 10lbs to go before I'm in the top range of 'healthy weight'. I refuse to give up this time, I'll just keep losing and gaining the same lb til my body decides to stop fighting me!
    Good luck breaking your plateau...and most importantly, don't give up!
    Vic x

I am stuck at 155 too! I hate it, because I my goal is 15 more lbs down!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yup. I hit them every 10 or so pounds and they last for weeks. It's so frustrating. I have no magic answer.
  • CCLadyBug
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement and suggestions. I really needed it.